Does the union get a percentage of your buyout money?

NAPBODYWORKER

If they do i say we go get it back the easy way or the hard way don't matter to me :banmolest:

What if we drop our membership? Then they are not entitled to 3%, right? Or will there be some sort of clause in there for that purpose? And who said 3%??? I've heard figures as high as 10%. What did the union take from the GM boys???

SOMEONE SAID IT WAS IN THE CONTRACT THAT IF A PLANT GETS A BUYOUT THAT THE UNION GET EITHER 3 OR 7 PERCENT OF ANY BUYOUT MONEY. WE DONT EVEN SEE OUR UNION REP IN THE BODY SHOP DONT EVEN KNOW IF WE HAVE ONE ANYMORE.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS CUT THAT CHECK :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

Does anyone know if the union gets 3% of your buyout money?

I heard this same rumor on the floor today, but its crap. I called the International myself after work this afternoon and I was told definitely not. They do not take money or dues from any of the packages currently offered or ones that will be offered.

I heard this same rumor on the floor today, but its crap. I called the International myself after work this afternoon and I was told definitely not. They do not take money or dues from any of the packages currently offered or ones that will be offered.

I just got off the phone with Ed hay, he said its not true about the 3%, its BS. He said he talked to the National Ford Dept weeks ago and confirmed it. He also said he has an actual copy of the agreement that the UAW negotiated with Ford and it states nothing about union deductions or dues, but it does layout the tax percentages that are to be taken out.

I believe that EVERY person who has already received their buyout checks and posted

the details here on BON on other threads have to a man, said that the UAW did NOT get anything.

If memory serves it came out to about $65,000 after taxes with NO UNION TAKE on a $100,000 buyout

option.

I could be wrong on that but that's what I remember reading on earlier posts here.

There is NO precident for the union taking a cut of the buy-outs. They did NOT get anything out of GM's settlements or any of the packages already offered at Ford. There is nothing is the contracts allowing that. Read the contracts (may I suggest this as bathroom reading, just five or six little books, and then you can recycle them) The nasty little catch is, if is you do not maintain your UAW membership you do not get a buy-out. Ford is "buying out" your contract, the one with the UAW. If you opt-out of union membership, you do not have the benifits of the contract and they have nothing to buy out. They can just lay you off and not call you back. There are alot of people posting that they want to just drop thier membership, I understand the frustration and anger, but don't be a cheap date for Ford, they got what they wanted out of you, now make them pay for it.

Edited by Blue Gypsy

There is NO precident for the union taking a cut of the buy-outs. They did NOT get anything out of GM's settlements or any of the packages already offered at Ford. There is nothing is the contracts allowing that. Read the conracts (may I suggest this as bathroom reading, just five or six little books, and then you can recycle them) The nasty little catch is, if is you do not maintain your UAW membership you do not get a buy-out. Ford is "buying out" your contract, the one with the UAW. If you opt-out of union membership, you do not have the benifits of the contract and they have nothing to buy out. They can just lay you off and not call you back. There are alot of people posting that they want to just drop thier membership, I understand the frustration and anger, but don't be a cheap date for Ford, they got what they wanted out of you, now make them pay for it.

GOOD POST. LOOK AT YOUR DUES THIS WAY.

IT IS CHEAP INSURANCE TO GUARANTEE THAT WHEN THE BUYOUTS COME

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO GET ONE !

AFTER PAYING YOUR DUES FOR YEARS NOW IS NOT THE TIME

TO GET PISSED OFF AND OPT OUT JUST TO

END UP F***ING YOURSELF OUT OF ANY BUYOUT OFFERED !

THE END IS VERY NEAR FOR MANY OF US.

PATIENCE IS YOUR BEST OPTION NOW.

JUST HANG ON GUYS....THEY HAVE NO CHOICE AND THEY KNOW IT !

BUYOUTS FOR EVERYBODY WHO WANTS ONE !

I AGREE, MAKE 'EM PAY !!!

CUT THAT CHECK !!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Exactly, there is some CRAZY information coming out of this plant and definitely making it onto these forums. Everyone needs to vent, whatever you need to do to keep from taking hostages. I have read on this site for a long time and until now resisted the urge to put my two cents in. Don't trust some guy telling you he heard from someone who heard from someone. That’s great for finding out about layoff weeks and gossip but we're talking about your financial future here and you can only deal in the facts. The Detroit News and Free Press, The Oakland News, and any of the financial news outlets are great sources of real information. If you really must listen to the internal chatter, make sure it’s someone good, like from some who works at the “Glass House†in Dearborn wiping Mark Fields butt, kind of good. Ford and the union gave us nothing in the way of info when we transferred to NAP. Every thing we received, we got because we read the contracts and fought for it. That being said, we only got that because of the union contracts. So, I will stand on the roof of the plant and scream this if I must, and trust me I'd rather not. DO NOT WITHDRAW FROM THE UNION, YOU WILL GET NOTHING!! It's a legal thing. What ever you think of the leadership, is irrelevant, your ticket to a buyout is that CONTRACT.

It's gonna be very interesting to see how many people are going to take the buyouts coming up. In essence you are also being judge, jury and executioner on how the current Ford management and the UAW leadership is doing. By going from I'm seeing on these forums. I believe a lot of us are going to walk... Anybody who still wants to contribute union dues to this useless, blood sucking organization. BE MY GUEST.

By the way, I wonder how many boneheads will turn right around and give Ford back some of that money by buying a new car. I sure as hell wouldn't! In fact... I won't go into a Ford dealer and buy a new vehicle from them ever again.

You've already paid the dues for years now, why stop now. For the price of a few more months’ dues you get paid to leave. Or be a hothead and walk away with nothing, your choice. And believe me you are going to want to leave, now. The 2007 contract talks are going to be a blood bath. The membership is going to lose benefits. The GEN pool, work rules, and a whole lot more.

As far as buying another Ford vehicle, for me, I'm willing to give them just as much consideration as the next car company; they just have to make something I want to drive. There are lot of retirees that still need thier pensions funded. That being said, if they treat everyone like shit, punk out on the retirees benefits and string the plants that are closing along, then I'm going to get bitter, or should I say more bitter, sell the Fords I have and never ever buy another again. I won’t be a rolling billboard for a company that will not meet their obligations.

There is NO precident for the union taking a cut of the buy-outs. They did NOT get anything out of GM's settlements or any of the packages already offered at Ford. There is nothing is the contracts allowing that. Read the contracts (may I suggest this as bathroom reading, just five or six little books, and then you can recycle them) The nasty little catch is, if is you do not maintain your UAW membership you do not get a buy-out. Ford is "buying out" your contract, the one with the UAW. If you opt-out of union membership, you do not have the benifits of the contract and they have nothing to buy out. They can just lay you off and not call you back. There are alot of people posting that they want to just drop thier membership, I understand the frustration and anger, but don't be a cheap date for Ford, they got what they wanted out of you, now make them pay for it.

This is NOT true. Ford management cannot penalize an hourly worker for not being a union member and cannot show favoritism to union members. That would be an "Unfair Labor Practice"

Did you pay union dues when you got profit sharing checks? YES

Will the UAW collect a percentage of your buyout from Ford? YES

If you opt-out of union membership, you do not have the benifits of the contract and they have nothing to buy out. They can just lay you off and not call you back.

THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE, "Unfair Labor Practice"

Tell your local union to put this information in writing, Show documentation. They won't. but insist on it or tell them to quit lying to the workers.

This is NOT true. Ford management cannot penalize an hourly worker for not being a union member and cannot show favoritism to union members. That would be an "Unfair Labor Practice"

Did you pay union dues when you got profit sharing checks? YES

Will the UAW collect a percentage of your buyout from Ford? YES

THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE, "Unfair Labor Practice"

Tell your local union to put this information in writing, Show documentation. They won't. but insist on it or tell them to quit lying to the workers.

I'm with you!!! They have taken a cut from EVERYTHING else and I can't see why they won't take a cut from this. And until I see it in writing sign by every person from Bill Ford and the Union on down I believe they are going to take a cut and it ain't going to be a small one. I don't believe anything the Union is saying, NEVER have! They don't want to see us get buy out packages, then they won't have all that money to take trips to Vegas and every where.

And I believe that Virginia is a "Right to Work" state so whether you are in the Union or not you are intitled to the buy out package.

I just got off the phone with Ed hay, he said its not true about the 3%, its BS. He said he talked to the National Ford Dept weeks ago and confirmed it. He also said he has an actual copy of the agreement that the UAW negotiated with Ford and it states nothing about union deductions or dues, but it does layout the tax percentages that are to be taken out.

Tell Ed Hay to hand out an actual copy of this information with HIS guarantee AND SIGNATURE that the Local Union will not collect a percentage of dollars from union members buyout packages.

If Ed Hay refuses to provide this information with his signature then he is lying.

Ford cannot show preferential treatment to union or non-union workers concerning buyouts, if they do you can file charges with the NLRB. I already confirmed this with the NLRB.

Verify for yourself at NLRB 1-410-962-2864.

Enough said no need to argue over this!

As far as the 3% cut of the buyouts, this rumor was started at NAP. I have a copy of the master national contract (Which I had to have sent from Detroit because we couldn’t get complete copies here even though they are supposed to be available to everyone) and Ed Hay is telling the truth, he doesn’t need to put it in writing because it already is. He is not important enough to change the contract in this way (no offense to Ed). They have no right to a cut of your buyout. I can get you chapter and verse if need be. If you have any further questions regarding this READ THE CONTRACTS, I cannot say this enough. Everything they can or cannot do is in there. What we let them do is an entirely different subject and is no one's fault but our own.

I have emailed NLRB concerning the union and non union buyout question and will post the response. Not that I don’t believe you, I just think it would help stop all the speculation. Just so no one panics and does anything rash. I may be wrong, of course where I'm from we're indoctrinated from birth to believe we're screwed without the union, not until we get a little older do we realize we are getting screwed by them too. But this no longer about who is wrong or right, union or right to work, it’s about getting what you need to move on after they close the doors.

Edited by Blue Gypsy

Under NLRB rules, the Union is still the bargaining representative for those who have opted out of the Union in 'right to work' states. What ever is offered to the Union, has to be offered to the 'right to workers'. They can thank the Union for the buyouts but they have no voice or vote about them. They either take them or leave them. They can not go and negotiate on their own. They cant even sue the Union or company for anything if they dont like the buyouts pkgs. They gave up their voice when they choose to be 'right to work'ers. The only legal thing the company owes any worker is a 60 day WARN notice and last paycheck. Without the Union, you wouldnt have anything. Honda, Toyota, Hyundai were to cut jobs, see ya later, with no employee recourse.

Under NLRB rules, the Union is still the bargaining representative for those who have opted out of the Union in 'right to work' states. What ever is offered to the Union, has to be offered to the 'right to workers'.

They can thank the Union for the buyouts but they have no voice or vote about them. They either take them or leave them. They can not go and negotiate on their own. They cant even sue the Union or company for anything if they dont like the buyouts pkgs. They gave up their voice when they choose to be 'right to work'ers. The only legal thing the company owes any worker is a 60 day WARN notice and last paycheck. Without the Union, you wouldnt have anything. Honda, Toyota, Hyundai were to cut jobs, see ya later, with no employee recourse.

AMEN - What ever is offered to the Union, has to be offered to the NON-UNION 'right to workers'. All buyouts must be equal and fair for all hourly workers (union or non-union).

No worker (union or non-union) can negotiate special treatment/buyouts. (The UAW needs to heed this part)

The only thing non-union workers give up is: (1) they cannot go in the union hall and (2) cannot attend the union picnic OR any function funded by the union only.

If Ford/UAW joint funds are used/spend for any items/programs they all MUST be offered to ALL hourly workers (Non-union and union). Ford cannot give special treatment to union members or non-union members.

Edited by Tedhvac

I had to have sent from Detroit because we couldn’t get complete copies here even though they are supposed to be available to everyone)

No surprise, Ed Hay refuses to put his signature on a guarantee in writing to the Local 919 union members that the UAW will not take a percentage of each union members buyout.

No surprise, Ed Hay refuses to put his signature on a guarantee in writing to the Local 919 union members that the UAW will not take a percentage of each union members buyout.

WHY ALL THIS TALK ABOUT UNION TAKING DUES FROM BUY-OUTS???

DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE A FUCKIN BRAIN TO MAKE UP YOUR OWN

LOGICAL CONCLUSION.??THE UNION CANNOT TOUCH ANY MONIES

FROM A BUYOUT.THEY GET NOTHING.THE EX-FORD WORKERS WHO DID

RECIEVE BUYOUTS ONLY PAID REGULAR STATE AND FED. TAXES ON THE MONEY'S.

THATS A FACT!!!!

YOU PAY UNION DUES TO RECIEVE CERTAIN SERVICES,ECT.ECT.AND MORE SO.

YOU ACCEPT BUY OUT PACKAGE THIS CHECK IS THE END OF SERVICES CONTRACT

BETWEEN YOU AND FORD.WHICH IN TURNS ENDS YOUR INVOLVEMENT AND PARTICIPATION

WITH THE U.A.W..YOU ACCEPT CHECK YOU CASH CHECK YOU ARE NO LONGER AN EMPLOYEE OF

FORD OR A DUES PAYING MEMBER OF THE U.A.W..

COME ON YOU PEOPLE,THINK ABOUT IT IF SOMETHING DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

USUALLY IT IS NOT TRUE.

I WOULD FURTHER LIKE TO ADD THAT THERE ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS THAT WORK HERE AT N.A.P. :rant::rant::rant:

Tell Ed Hay to hand out an actual copy of this information with HIS guarantee AND SIGNATURE that the Local Union will not collect a percentage of dollars from union members buyout packages.

If Ed Hay refuses to provide this information with his signature then he is lying.

Ford cannot show preferential treatment to union or non-union workers concerning buyouts, if they do you can file charges with the NLRB. I already confirmed this with the NLRB.

Verify for yourself at NLRB 1-410-962-2864.

Enough said no need to argue over this!

HERE'S SOME REAL FUNNY SHIT! ASK THE PERSON OUT ON THE SHOP FLOOR WHO IS TELLING YOU THAT THE UNION TAKES DUES OUT OR THE PERSON WHO HAS POSTED THIS BULLSHIT TO GIVE YOU A SIGNED, NOTARIZED DOCUMENT GUARANTEEING YOU WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS TRUE...........IN FACT ASK THEM TO BET A PAYCHECK ON IT............THEN YOU WILL SEE WHO IS FULL OF SHIT.

ITS NOTHING BUT ANOTHER DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN PUT ON BY THE SAME OLD CREW, IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET EVERYONE PISSED AND GET OUT OF THE UNION............AND HOW CONVIENANT THEY JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE AS MANY COPIES AS YOU WANT OF A WITHDRAWL LETTER THEY TYPED UP.

SAME DAWGS DIFFERENT DAY!!!!!!! :kissass:

Have'nt we beat this dead horse long enough ?

Others who have ALREADY received their buyouts have posted here

that the union DOES NOT get anything.

They were posting that months ago when NAP first heard the bad news

back at Easter !!!

How many times do they have to say it....UNION GETS NOTHING !

Stop worrying and just ignore all this batshit !!!

CUT THAT CHECK !!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

HERE'S SOME REAL FUNNY SHIT! ASK THE PERSON OUT ON THE SHOP FLOOR WHO IS TELLING YOU THAT THE UNION TAKES DUES OUT OR THE PERSON WHO HAS POSTED THIS BULLSHIT TO GIVE YOU A SIGNED, NOTARIZED DOCUMENT GUARANTEEING YOU WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS TRUE...........IN FACT ASK THEM TO BET A PAYCHECK ON IT............THEN YOU WILL SEE WHO IS FULL OF SHIT.

ITS NOTHING BUT ANOTHER DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN PUT ON BY THE SAME OLD CREW, IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET EVERYONE PISSED AND GET OUT OF THE UNION............AND HOW CONVIENANT THEY JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE AS MANY COPIES AS YOU WANT OF A WITHDRAWL LETTER THEY TYPED UP.

SAME DAWGS DIFFERENT DAY!!!!!!![/size] :kissass:

Why won't the UAW put out "OFFICIAL" information on this subject?