2014 Titanium paint issues

alpinedaddy

Has anyone else noticed paint chipping off of where the bumpers meet the fender panels? All four locations on mine have large chips. Could this be because they put the bumpers on too tight or uneven? Will it be covered under warranty? Very frustrated seeing I only have 6000 miles on the car and this is about the 10th issue.

Thanks,

post-51785-0-06742300-1417392781_thumb.jpg

post-51785-0-04087100-1417393054_thumb.jpg

My 2014 Fusion Hybrid came from the factory with a similar defect to what the OP posted in the first photo above, where the right rear fender meets the bumper panel. It looked like there was a small paint blob drip-type of bump at that point, and then that dried paint bump got pinched when the two panels were cinched together, causing the paint blob to get squeezed out and eventually peel off.

Since I have had some occasional bad experiences with the quality of body shop work in the past, I opted to just spring for the color-coordinated touch-up paint from the dealer to cover the tiny black spot where the primer was showing through after the paint blob had peeled off. That was enough to make the spot of paint damage not so noticeable for me.

• 3 weeks later...