Finding 2015 Expedition Plat near Chicago

You can use the dealer inventory search to find vehicles in stock or in transit to the dealer. Or any dealer can do a search over several states. Or you can use the build and price feature and Ford will search for you.

There are no Magnetic platinums near downtown Chicago but the dealer or Ford can search the surrounding counties and states if necessary.

Or you can just order one to your exact specs.

I ordered my 2015 Expedition 4x4 with this option after seeing a person towing a trailer on I95 with the rear end almost dragging the ground. I realize that this is totally against all common sense, and this feature is not available to prevent stupidity. However, I believe that this feature is a bargain, given the fact that net, it costs $245.

So if Ford executives read this, you all need to fix this situation. It turns out that only one Expedition in the configuration we want exists in a four state area. The dealer in Peoria, Ill. won't let the car go to the Chicago dealer until a car that is in transit can be used to "pay" for the trade.

THIS IS INSANE! So a customer is held hostage because two dealers can't work out a simple trade on a product?

MY RESPONSE. You just lost a $60k transaction as I now go to Jeep.

Seriously, this is how Ford Dealers do business?

Dude - chill out. Perhaps the configuration you want is one that doesn't sell very well from dealer stock due to color, price and/or options.

Ford has NO control over which vehicles a dealer buys for stock - it's actually ILLEGAL for Ford to even attempt to do that. Dealers are independent businesses and they buy what they want to sell. And a dealer trade is strictly up to the two dealers - Ford has no control over it. And the same law applies to Jag and LR dealers too.

There is a very simple solution - plan ahead and order the vehicle exactly the way you want it.

Or buy it from the other dealer and go get it yourself.