2016 Mercedes Benz 450 GLE.......gawd that thing is UGLY!!!

twintornados

Are you aware of any corps that use Mapex? I've heard of Dynasty, Yamaha and Premier but can't recall any mention of Mapex although I am not a percussionist.

Jersey Surf, Blue Stars, Pacific Crest, Blue Knights, Pioneer, Teal Sound, Mandarins, Boston Crusaders, and The Academy all use Mapex Quantum drums.

I have experience with all the biggies (save for Tama, they're new to the art and aren't being very well accepted) and I'd pick our new Mapex drums over anything we've used previously. The walnut interior plies and ported fronts on our tenors give an incredibly unique sound.

Plus, our shit just looks awesome:

Newdrums_zps2d0a8c2c.jpg

Premier has completely disappeared from any DCI activity (I believe the Mandarins were the last to use Premier about 5 years ago). They had a bout of terrible US distribution but are taking over their own distribution here. They still do a good bit of drumbuilding in the UK and they have some of the best drumsets out there, if you don't mind dropping the money on them.

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 1

Jersey Surf, Blue Stars, Pacific Crest, Blue Knights, Pioneer, Teal Sound, Mandarins, Boston Crusaders, and The Academy all use Mapex Quantum drums.

I have experience with all the biggies (save for Tama, they're new to the art and aren't being very well accepted) and I'd pick our new Mapex drums over anything we've used previously. The walnut interior plies and ported fronts on our tenors give an incredibly unique sound.

Plus, our shit just looks awesome:

Newdrums_zps2d0a8c2c.jpg

Premier has completely disappeared from any DCI activity (I believe the Mandarins were the last to use Premier about 5 years ago). They had a bout of terrible US distribution but are taking over their own distribution here. They still do a good bit of drumbuilding in the UK and they have some of the best drumsets out there, if you don't mind dropping the money on them.

Wow - lots of well known names.

Found a pic of the next generation BMW X6, or something close to it.

AMCEagle_1.jpg

(this is also proof that being early is often indistinguishable from being wrong.)

That's an insult. To the Eagle.

I wouldn't mind having a nice AMC Eagle just for something different. I have no desire to spend money on a BMW X6.

OMG that is hilarious! Certainly not the UGLIEST vehicle........but definitely the funniest looking.

What a joke MB....

EDIT:

You know what, no I change my mind......upon further review that thing is really, fricken.....ugly! Yeah that's my final answer.

Edited by probowler

Quints were just becoming a thing with High Schools when I graduated (Class of 1990). When I was there we only had quads. Though we were the only one I knew of using Kevlar f'lam heads on our snares (with good reason...those things were like playing in concrete and had a bright tone I didn't care for)

Edited by Intrepidatious

That thing reminds me of an X4/X6 and a Dodge Caliber at the same time. That's not a good thing.

Also, my HS drumline used Yamaha everything as far as the battery. I don't remember whose quints we used.

This new Mapex stuff replaced 15 year old Yamaha 8100 series basses, 9 year old Yamaha sFz snares, and 4 year old Dynasty DFX tenors. The Yamaha tenors that were purchased with the snares 9 years ago lasted exactly 5 years before completely shitting the bed. And my kids BABY their gear.

Anymore, Yamaha has become the Toyota of drums: Boring, predictable, and absolutely reliable until they aren't.

Quints were just becoming a thing with High Schools when I graduated (Class of 1990). When I was there we only had quads. Though we were the only one I knew of using Kevlar f'lam heads on our snares (with good reason...those things were like playing in concrete and had a bright tone I didn't care for)

I'm trying to raise the funds to convert our quitnts into squints (sextets) this offseason... 6" 8" 10" 12" 13" 14" configuration. Even with the additional drum, these Mapex squints will be lighter than the Dynasty quints we retired. Those things were like strapping a refrigerator to your chest.

• 4 weeks later...