Please help me sell my MKX

genebopp

I am selling the car because I am 49, single and just bought a Porsche

This a piss poor reason for selling it even if it is the truth....take that out of the ad, it makes you sound "douche-ey" Nobody cares that you bought a Porsche, except you....you only come off as as "Bragging" about your Porsche and that you tried to trade it in but the dealership either offered you "squat" for your Lincoln in trade or you wanted too much for it at trade in.

In reality, (and I own a damn near identical version of your MKX) you should be closer to 20K for it...it is coming up on being a five year old car.

Now the plus: You did not mention the factory installed trailer towing package it has. It is rated to tow 3500 lbs which is good for jet skis, four wheelers, ext...do you have an extended warranty for it? Let them know it is transferable if you do. The wood inserts on the dash and door panels are an extra option ( I have it too) and it really makes the interior "pop", yet you did not mention this feature in the ad, it is not fake wood, it is real...standard MKX did not get that treatment, it was optional as are the seats...flaunt it....heated AND cooled seats...those cooled seats are awesome!! Let the perspective shopper/buyer know that too. Good luck selling it...someone is going to get a damn fine vehicle at a good price.

Edited by twintornados

I think the starting bid is too high. I found 2 locally on Craigslist for $22K or less. Start the bids at $19900 and you may need to lower the reserve to $22K or so. Check the other eBay and CL ads for your area - that's your competition.

Take out the embellishment -just stick to the facts about the car and let it sell itself. Especially the Porsche comment as TT said.

• 2 weeks later...