2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Electrical issues

alpinedaddy

This is about a 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD with 8k miles.

My wife was leaving Target last night. Exited her parking spot and was proceeding to go through the lot. She got to about 10mph when the car start lunging forward on it's on. She said it felt like the car was trying to accelerate on it own. Happened 3-4 times and then the brakes engaged as if she had slammed them on. She wasn't touching them though. And then the car lost all electrical power and died. She tried to restart it but nothing was happening. So we had it towed to our local ford dealer.

In checking NHTSA complaints, this is not a seldom case of this. There are several others that sound a lot like this. Two of which have caused accidents. I bought this car for my wife so she and my daughter could be safer. And now I fear letting them get back in it.

Sorry to hear. You're not alone with the electrical issues, a few members on 2GFusions.net have experienced the same thing where the car just shuts off and won't restart. One individual's car was out of service for weeks, leading to Ford buying it back. The issues seem to plague Titaniums more so than SEs.

I wish you the best; it may take your dealer a while to determine the issue. Crossing my fingers I don't experience such a problem.

Got a call from Ford today. And guess what.... Unable to replicate the problem... So the dealer is saying that there is nothing they can do. I told him that I have found at least a dozen other people with issues exactly like mine and several have caused accidents. He totally blew that off. So frustrated as I do not want my family in the car anymore unless the problem is fixed. I got this car to relieve safety concerns and in turn it has caused new ones. And Ford is unwilling to help.

Got a call from Ford today. And guess what.... Unable to replicate the problem... So the dealer is saying that there is nothing they can do. I told him that I have found at least a dozen other people with issues exactly like mine and several have caused accidents. He totally blew that off. So frustrated as I do not want my family in the car anymore unless the problem is fixed. I got this car to relieve safety concerns and in turn it has caused new ones. And Ford is unwilling to help.

As I mentioned in your other thread, it's not a problem exclusive to Ford. Every manufacturer has these kinds of issues every now and then.

If the repair guy really blew off your concerns like you claim, it sounds like you have a beef with that dealer, not Ford. Call around to some other dealers for a second opinion, see if they know of a fix, and remember, Ford dealers are franchises, Ford Motor Company doesn't have a hand in their day to day operations or how they conduct themselves with their customers. Your issue is with the dealer, not Ford itself in that regard.