Chicago Assembly Plant

The problem is there are too many people like chassisgroupleader that are in a poor financial situation. 30 people protesting represents a ridiculously small percentage of UAW membership. All of the people bitching & complaining on social media probably represent less than 10% of the membership. The other 90% live paycheck to paycheck & cannot afford a day off much less a month or more off due to a strike. The is why the FCA contract will pass as well as the contracts at Ford & GM. The companies know this & the UAW knows this.

The problem is there are too many people like chassisgroupleader that are in a poor financial situation. 30 people protesting represents a ridiculously small percentage of UAW membership. All of the people bitching & complaining on social media probably represent less than 10% of the membership. The other 90% live paycheck to paycheck & cannot afford a day off much less a month or more off due to a strike. The is why the FCA contract will pass as well as the contracts at Ford & GM. The companies know this & the UAW knows this.

Why do you say I'm in a poor financial situation? Everyone knows Team Leaders at CAP get max overtime! Over 100 grand 6 Years Running!

Why do you say I'm in a poor financial situation? Everyone knows Team Leaders at CAP get max overtime! Over 100 grand 6 Years Running!

If you made that much and you have nothing better to do than post here, well I guess your free time on the clock would allow you tons of time since team leaders don't do shit. Waste of pay and a roster spot.

All I have seen from you "brother" is "i'll sign whatever they tell me to, I'm a line leader and give two shits about anyone around me".

caustic, for what it is worth I have been on the floor for a long time at CAP.

I have been to many other plants and facilities as a person that passed on to other members my years of experiences to help them help each other. I have had the ability to work with many group leaders and yes sir there are those that are more self centered than many salaried people. But for sure there are those group leaders that are what the position is molded too.

I work every day with a paint group leader that proves he is the best at what he doses. CAP has many like him. Yes we have some that would be better at being a bad process coach but we work around that group.

Now chassisgroupleader and I do at many times (many times) have different views on the same issues but as for a company man... nope, not in the least.

caustic, "company man"? you showing some of those gray hairs like me? that was a popular term years ago ;)

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I am definitely not a company man, If I was I would have become a process coach a long time ago. What I try to do is be pro active and protect my union brothers and sisters in my zone from arbitrary write ups and discipline. I try to help and fix issues like over cycled jobs by continuously paging and calling our production standards representatives, our ergonomics Representatives, FPS, QOSC's, and even the Plant manager if necessary. Often times design issues from engineering or Launch are blamed on operators when it's not their fault. We can disagree on many things, but don't mistake kindness for weakness.

caustic, for what it is worth I have been on the floor for a long time at CAP.

I have been to many other plants and facilities as a person that passed on to other members my years of experiences to help them help each other. I have had the ability to work with many group leaders and yes sir there are those that are more self centered than many salaried people. But for sure there are those group leaders that are what the position is molded too.

I work every day with a paint group leader that proves he is the best at what he doses. CAP has many like him. Yes we have some that would be better at being a bad process coach but we work around that group.

Now chassisgroupleader and I do at many times (many times) have different views on the same issues but as for a company man... nope, not in the least.

caustic, "company man"? you showing some of those gray hairs like me? that was a popular term years ago ;)

Decker

1 of the 1788

I unfortunately skipped grey and went straight to white.

• Like 1

I am definitely not a company man, If I was I would have become a process coach a long time ago. What I try to do is be pro active and protect my union brothers and sisters in my zone from arbitrary write ups and discipline. I try to help and fix issues like over cycled jobs by continuously paging and calling our production standards representatives, our ergonomics Representatives, FPS, QOSC's, and even the Plant manager if necessary. Often times design issues from engineering or Launch are blamed on operators when it's not their fault. We can disagree on many things, but don't mistake kindness for weakness.

My apologies then.

• Like 1

Out of complete frustration, I asked three different reps today if there was an agreed on and/or proper mix in the paint department?

Considering the last 82 minutes paint has recieved 502's without a single sedan.

Of course I got the customary deer in the headlights look and the ever popular, "what do you mean"? Response.

CAP is lost..... not one bus driver (decision maker) that knows the route to getting this place back on the right street....

Decker

Edited by Decker

You know Decker, I just want to say thank you for your (seemingly) random observations and musings. It's really gotten me to thinking the last few days

I'm having a really hard time dealing with the fact that my future is in the hands of a group that I don't trust, have no faith in to accomplish anything meaningful and I'm not convinced that they give a shit about anyone other than their own self serving agendas.

What's more is I still really have a hard time believing they care about the tier 2 workers. Maybe it's the situation I'm in and me being a hardened cynic making be believe something that just isn't there, but I still firmly believe that if it were a group of tier 1 folks in this position, they would have been told something by now. They extended some of our LTS assignments, and that's all fine and good, but it certainly would have been nice to have been told that instead of showing up for work he following Monday after the date we were told our assignment were to end (and every day since then) hoping to God that our badges would still work. Even if it's an indefinite extension, how about saying that instead of letting the rumors run rampant. What about those who's assignments didn't get extended? Or those that for whatever reason have been on ILO instead?

I could go on and on but I just finished a 10.5 hour shift, 6th day in a row worked, mandatory I might add. Gotta go catch up on that lost family and personal time, if there's anything left of that fallacy.

Edited to add this:

Once upon a time, the UAW did a lot of wonderful things for a large part of the population.

That time has come and gone, and in my opinion, never to return

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

When the hell will these idiots realize this bullshit alternate work schedule is not going to work????

Taking directions from individuals that never worked on the plant floor or that never ever done anything but walked the plant floor in a dog and pony show, CAP is proving just how screwed up this alternate work schedule bullshit really is....

What a freakkin mess.... how many no ship units? how many break downs in just the last hour? what parts are we out of now? singing and dancing like little school kids because another department is broke down and sending air to their department.... because no one can fix this old ass shit equipment.....

This is ONE (screwed up) FORD WAY. TEAM WORK EVERYBODY TEAM WORK

Decker

When the hell will these idiots realize this bullshit alternate work schedule is not going to work????

Taking directions from individuals that never worked on the plant floor or that never ever done anything but walked the plant floor in a dog and pony show, CAP is proving just how screwed up this alternate work schedule bullshit really is....

What a freakkin mess.... how many no ship units? how many break downs in just the last hour? what parts are we out of now? singing and dancing like little school kids because another department is broke down and sending air to their department.... because no one can fix this old ass shit equipment.....

This is ONE (screwed up) FORD WAY. TEAM WORK EVERYBODY TEAM WORK

Decker

Nothing will change as long as record profits keep rolling in.

Nothing will change as long as record profits keep rolling in.

Everyone is getting caught. Hell even Vdub got caught. The profits cant be made without pushing these less than desirably build units out the door. The public will catch on sooner or later. Even sheep move to another pasture when the grass isn`t as good.....

Then the change... everyone but the decision makers will be the cause, the membership will have to reopen the contract and help the company and on and on. Wait a minute reopen the contract? Who needs a stinkin contract....

Decker

Everyone is getting caught. Hell even Vdub got caught. The profits cant be made without pushing these less than desirably build units out the door. The public will catch on sooner or later. Even sheep move to another pasture when the grass isn`t as good.....

Then the change... everyone but the decision makers will be the cause, the membership will have to reopen the contract and help the company and on and on. Wait a minute reopen the contract? Who needs a stinkin contract....

Decker

Hahaha, I hear ya. Still while the money is rolling in, when it stops it won't get better but everyone will be told it's better until the next debacle happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Take it from a very long term member that has no trouble posting my frustrations about the management team, union team and/or failures in our process...... and of course those that represent us as actovistopolotians.... very frustrating at times......

Just a word from the olg long hair.... stay the fuck off FaceBook with pictures taken in the plant or on Ford property. Especially Pictures of Inventory....

They are looking for the author of the e-mails sent to our CEO (with pdf files) also.......

Knock it the fuck off..... taking pictures is not authorized. Getting discharged is also unauthorized.....

a concerned old long hair

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Take it from a very long term member that has no trouble posting my frustrations about the management team, union team and/or failures in our process...... and of course those that represent us as actovistopolotians.... very frustrating at times......

Just a word from the olg long hair.... stay the fuck off FaceBook with pictures taken in the plant or on Ford property. Especially Pictures of Inventory....

They are looking for the author of the e-mails sent to our CEO (with pdf files) also.......

Knock it the fuck off..... taking pictures is not authorized. Getting discharged is also unauthorized.....

a concerned old long hair

Decker

What the hell happenee?

What the hell happenee?

Well.... it seems the level of frustration is getting to some members that give a shit..... but, posting pictures of their, our frustrations is not a good thing to do. It`s not company policy to allow pictures or video`s to be taken of the plants process, good or bad...... much less to do anything that might even remotely cause any bad P.R......

That is as far as I should go with an explanation, caustic, but I think you can figure out both the e-mail and facebook issues.

I will make the point as to re-state (without illustrations) this place is really screwd up......

Decker

Edited by Decker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chicago Assembly will receive $900 million

Chicago Stamping will receive $200 million

Two Chicago plant receive $1.1 Billion

Any new rumors that the plant is closing or losing product or C crew is going any where?

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1