Our union

fmco76

I just want to vent a little about what is going on at our facility and get some feed back

from fellow Ford employees.

Our chairman allows mgt. to train temp. employees.

Our chairman said seniority doesn't matter during overtime. Allows temps to do the easiest job over senior employees.

On mandatory Saturdays if you call in you get an R& W for the first time and the second time a day off.

If you are disciplined and get 3 or more days they are not consecutive days off. Ex. You would get Tues. & Wed. of one week and Wed. Of another week. Mgt. feels giving a Mon or Fri. is rewarding you.

Everything I've written here are facts and our local and IUAW are aware of these things. The blatant harassment and disrespect is a daily occurrence. These are just a few of many things that happen here.

I was of the understanding that the union was supposed to protect us and fight for us. Has that changed?

Now for my 2 cents opinion.

For the last 20 yrs. the UAW has lost what Walter Reuther and his team intent was. It is not to become a self indulging business who care more about their bottom line than the rights and benefits of its members. Instead of spending millions on organizing get your own house in order and take care of the members also give them a voice in electing all officers.

• Like 2

I just want to vent a little about what is going on at our facility and get some feed back

from fellow Ford employees.

Our chairman allows mgt. to train temp. employees.

Our chairman said seniority doesn't matter during overtime. Allows temps to do the easiest job over senior employees.

On mandatory Saturdays if you call in you get an R& W for the first time and the second time a day off.

If you are disciplined and get 3 or more days they are not consecutive days off. Ex. You would get Tues. & Wed. of one week and Wed. Of another week. Mgt. feels giving a Mon or Fri. is rewarding you.

Everything I've written here are facts and our local and IUAW are aware of these things. The blatant harassment and disrespect is a daily occurrence. These are just a few of many things that happen here.

I was of the understanding that the union was supposed to protect us and fight for us. Has that changed?

Now for my 2 cents opinion.

For the last 20 yrs. the UAW has lost what Walter Reuther and his team intent was. It is not to become a self indulging business who care more about their bottom line than the rights and benefits of its members. Instead of spending millions on organizing get your own house in order and take care of the members also give them a voice in electing all officers.

How do you expect the temp workers to do the jobs if they're not trained??? Seniority does not matter when it comes to overtime, OT goes by hours low to high

How do you expect the temp workers to do the jobs if they're not trained??? Seniority does not matter when it comes to overtime, OT goes by hours low to high

I quess I expected another hourly employee to train temp. worker. This is how I was trained and I think everyone else that has been previously hired here.

Now maybe I was a little vague about the overtime comment, I was referring to temp. being given jobs done by senior employees on straight time but during overtime mgt. can put anyone where they want. By the way, temps. Are only allowed to work overtime after every full time person has been asked. It doesn't matter about low to high hours for them.

I quess I expected another hourly employee to train temp. worker. This is how I was trained and I think everyone else that has been previously hired here.

Now maybe I was a little vague about the overtime comment, I was referring to temp. being given jobs done by senior employees on straight time but during overtime mgt. can put anyone where they want. By the way, temps. Are only allowed to work overtime after every full time person has been asked. It doesn't matter about low to high hours for them.

Are you talking about LTS employees or a full time employee that is temp status in the department they work in???

Ford would much rather bring in tier 2 employees for OT than tier 1. Pretty much its a good business practice, looking at the cost per hour factor. Then have the local union agree or look the other way and so goes the union way.

Now I have no idea how things are at your plant but, I`ve heard that some plants have had the issue that you mentioned, and the members, not the sheep, stood up to these tactic`s and stopped it. Or at least reduced it.

CAP has tier 1, tier 2, LTS and temp employee`s.... not to mention those unfortunate tier 3, clean up members of the UAW. With that said CAP is just a bubbling & bubbling... yep like old big pot of stew. People, I don`t think this AWS and make anyone a Team Manager stuff is working out to well..... OMG what a mess.

Decker

Edited by Decker

Can anyone tell me if those being laid off at MAP, if not called back by contract time will be eligible for the signing bonus or no?

What makes you think we getting a signing bonus , we can't get it all , it's either a raise or signing bonus, the union will not agree to both while they are negotiating for us behind closed doors. The union leaders will not allow the employees to take advantage of the company like that

I simply asked a question.. You know, the purpose of a forum... Maybe if our committee men would give us information, instead of always answering with open ended remarks there wouldn't be so much confusion among the newer hires that came in after the last contract was signed

I've heard from several union reps that anyone who is on ILO would get any potential signing bonus as long as the new contract is ratified within the first 90 days of being laid off.

Were these Reps just telling you what you want to hear so they could move on to go protect a slacker from getting wrote up!

I've heard from several union reps that anyone who is on ILO would get any potential signing bonus as long as the new contract is ratified within the first 90 days of being laid off.

I was skimming the contract the other day, and that's how I understood it: as long as it's ratified within 90 days of layoff.

• Like 1

We will work months after Sept under the old contract cause neither side is going to agree on things!

What makes you think it will be months getting a deal? Do you just make this stuff up?

Ford & the UAW in the U.S. have a long history of working out deals.

There were no strikes from 1941 until 1963. They would strike in 1963, 1968 & again in 1978. I believe those are the only strike years in the 75 years of the Ford UAW.

If I missed one please feel free to correct my memory. It looks like, for better or for worse, the UAW & Ford have a long history of deal making.

Edited by Dayshift

What makes you think it will be months getting a deal? Do you just make this stuff up?

Ford & the UAW in the U.S. have a long history of working out deals.

There were no strikes from 1941 until 1963. They would strike in 1963, 1968 & again in 1978. I believe those are the only strike years in the 75 years of the Ford UAW.

If I missed one please feel free to correct my memory. It looks like, for better or for worse, the UAW & Ford have a long history of deal making.

I never said we going to strike, I said we will work under the old agreement til both sides agree however long it may take which could be months.never used the word Strike in my post.

I make nothing up , I have more knowledge than you think!

Edited by littlecountry