Dealer pull back

bighurt74

We're selling the 2015 Mustang Fastbacks (all models) at $500 over Invoice less applicable Ford incentives. Convertibles are priced at $1,000 over Invoice less Ford incentives. We do not negotiate deals based on "Holdback".

Edited by ice-capades

We're selling the 2015 Mustang Fastbacks (all models) at $500 over Invoice less applicable Ford incentives. Convertibles are priced at $1,000 over Invoice less Ford incentives. We do not negotiate deals based on "Holdback".

Like I said, invoice would be a screaming deal right now. I would have guessed $500 over for such a popular vehicle.

But there are some dealers out there who sell below invoice. I don't understand it, but there are too many reports for it not to be true in at least a few cases. I guess they're not looking to make any profit on the new ones at all.

Like I said, invoice would be a screaming deal right now. I would have guessed $500 over for such a popular vehicle.

But there are some dealers out there who sell below invoice. I don't understand it, but there are too many reports for it not to be true in at least a few cases. I guess they're not looking to make any profit on the new ones at all.

We have a couple of competitors that have been routinely selling vehicles below invoice for several years now and are just "whoring" the Market to generate bigger new vehicle sales numbers and giving up a lot of profits unnecessarily. Our customers have no problem paying a fair price for new Fords that rival anything offered from other brands but perhaps it's also because we do much more than just sell vehicles. We're a very laid back store with relaxed atmosphere, a Dealer Principal that's almost always in the office and available to chat with customers, we have loaner cars available for our service customers, we regularly run technology classes to teach customers about SYNC, etc. What we don't do is give away free lifetime warranties or tires, etc. We do give new vehicle customers the 1st oil change but that's about it. Ironically, one of our competitors went out of business a few years ago after nearly 75 years and they were giving everything away. Many of their former customers are now our customers although initially some of them weren't happy that we wouldn't honor the closed store's promises for lifetime free oil changes, etc. We'll always be competitive within reason but we have a business to run and have to make a reasonable profit in order to pay salaries, etc.

• Like 1

I would rather pay a few hundred over invoice to a dealership that treats me well and I know will be there the next time I need to buy something.

I don't understand people who want to beat down dealers to the very last dime. Best buy makes more on a $4K HDTV than most dealerships make on a $50K vehicle.

• Like 3

Thanks to both you guys. I needed a negotiation starting point for this vehicle. Invoice is 33,600 add on options i'm looking at 38,200. 401a package, premium ebony trim,automatic,navigation,

It's actually around $38,750. The invoice prices online don't include the FDAF advertising fee which is part of the actual dealer invoice. Still $3k over invoice. You can do a lot better than that. Just call each dealership and ask for the sales mgr. then tell him what you're looking for and ask him or her how much they want over invoice. If they won't tell you hang up.

Just got off phone with dealer im doing buisness with. Build date is August 14th he also assured me he will negotiate with me on the amount over invoice when i come in tomorrow.

My only interest in being on the BON Forums is to help Ford enthusiasts get the information they're looking for and to give them "straight" answers to the questions they have. Sometimes it's just too hard to resist giving a board member an offer on a vehicle to show how serious I am in backing up what I say and share.

Dealers routinely will tell a prospective customer on the phone what the prospect wants to hear just so they can get them in the store. Once at the store the Dealer will put on a "Dog & Pony" show to make the prospect feel comfortable knowing that they have an advantage in convincing the prospect that they should commit to the proposed deal at the moment.

I've attached the window sticker .PDF file for the 2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback that I've been driving for the past 7 months. The car went into "Demo" service on 11/21/2014 but only has slightly over 1,800 miles on it. This is not a misprint! Yes only 1,800+ miles. The MSRP is $41,200 and the Invoice is $38,806. Because our dealership depreciates or writes down vehicles in "Demo" service each month, I know that you could buy this vehicle for $2,000 below invoice and still get the applicable Ford rebates! The opportunity is here but I just want you to get the car you want at a good deal!

5046_1FA6P8CF6F5308165_WS.pdf

• Like 1

Years ago I used to buy the demo that was driven by the dealership owner and got tremendous deals on a low mileage year car. He would call and tell me when he had a new one coming in.

Yes a demo can be a very good deal - my 2013 Energi has an MSRP of $44k but I bought it with 2k miles on it for $32k, and then was still able to take the $4k fed plug-in rebate at tax time.