Spoiled rotten brats

URALLFUKT

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:runaway:

I am not trying to get anyone to "bite". I thought maybe someone might open their eyes. If you take the time to read my posts, all of them, and not just one line (and begin typing a reply) you would understand that I have a valid point.

Actually, I am currently programming a FANUC 1423 to run a laser weld the size of a needle head. The schedule is: WS 175

TI 120

TO 80

for some reason, my background current fades at the end of a run and leaves a bubble that is not in tolerance. Maybe you can help me out with that. Jobs like that make me want to kick the dog when I get home.

Thanks for playing

Yeah, that's it. You are smart as hell!!!

We have read your posts, and they are inflammatory

in‧flam‧ma‧to‧ry  /ɪnˈflæməˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-flam-uh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. tending to arouse anger, hostility, passion, etc.: inflammatory speeches.

Life outside of your little plant does not exist on the same plane that you are all on. Out here, we punch a clock, and to the ACH people, out here, we actually work. Life is not peaches and cream and 90% of the population do not make 30 bucks an hour for doing less than I do everyday.
So you think every hourly UAW worker works less then you. You chose your job, deal with it. 90% of the population doesnt make 30hr really any links. Let see toyada and hondue workers make comparable wage and benifits but ,OHHH their not union so they are better :rolleyes: So you work harder then me come spend a day with me, how do you button your shirt your chest must be huge, all puffed out, the hardest best worker ever. :bowdown:

My job is secure, I come to work on time, I work hard, I stay over when the job needs to get done. I work on sundays for time and a half. I know for a fact that I will have a job 5 years from now. Can you say that?

So you know for a fact how many Uaw workers dont show up on time for work, must have another link for this? Why are you even working since you can tell the future, you are 100% positive YOU will have a job in 5 yrs. Can I please have the numbers for MEGA MILLIONS...Its my/ our fault you will work for nothing. Even before my Job at Ford I did not work for Free, my time is worth money period. If I am not home enjoying my life and at a job I will be paid period.

I love how you corall all of the Uaw workers because of the mistakes of a few. I can tell by your posts that you just think you are above any blue collar worker union or not. If your job sucks get a new one. If it doesnt pay what you feel you are worth then keep working for free and maybe your boss will promote you.

Where I come from, you do the job at hand. You do not rest until it is done.

So where do you come from?? So you stay up for days, what the heck are you smoking, how the hell are these plants run??? since you insist all union workers never show up for work, and if they do manage to get to work, what they just play cards all day, tell me all incitful one??

The only thing I will agree with you on is the deadbeats, they need to go. But you are a typical white collar guy that cries that someone else has something he doesnt. I go to work and do my job, I love my job.

But in your eyes I/we should all quit because we shouldnt make a descent wage or get good benifits because you couldnt negotiate a better wage/benifit package for yourself. No I prefer to keep my job, and maybe you should stop working for FREE and worry about yourself and not what others have that you cant seem to get.

So I can assume by your posts that teachers, nurses, pilots, firefighters, longshoreman, actors, ironworkers, baseball, basketball,all make less then 30hr. http://www.union-organizing.com/unions.html check it out you might learn something.

Edited by 06StangAwesomecar

Ya know, people in third world do not have the option to not work 16 hour days. 10 year old girls work 16 hours 7 days 365. If you think anyone is going to pity a line worker in America, think again. It is fucked up I know. Bush's MASTER plan was to get all the countries to be like us, and it didnt work.

And I bet you have no problem buying anything they produce at Walmart. And since when are we a third world country??? Would they pity Australia, Germany? Bushes plan, you mean Corporate Americas plan.

arguing with people is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded.

First off, from this response one can assume you are. Retarded that is. You were simply asked to prove YOUR point and that's what you come up with....Mr. college educated computer genius? Brilliant response....thanks for playing, here is your consolation prize .....FUCK YOU!

You make claims against the UAW and it's workers. Like me and my coworkers here in Atl. But you don't realize what we really do all night. I have a job through my station every 57 seconds. I must complete around 25-30 steps (process') not to mention my literal steps, in less than that to keep up. Lets say for the sake of argument we run 400 jobs per 8hr shift, in that shift I will have installed 400 door weather strips and pieces of glass, 1600 glass buttons, 800 rivets and 5200 locator pins. But yet I don't work hard and don't deserve the pay and benefits I get? Not to mention the fact that we, AAP, won the Harbour Award. The most efficient plant in North America. But somehow we are still losing our jobs?

GET BENT, we have had a ton of temp workers come through this place in the last few weeks. They are supposed to cover for transfers, and they drop out like flies. It's either too hot, or too hard. Some have even stated they thought we were overpaid. Then they got to the floor and realized we work our ass' off and changed their minds on that subject. Some that I talk to even asked why and how I have stayed here for almost seven years. Guess what I tell them, that's right, the PAY AND BENEFITS! Am I greedy? No, I only ask for what is agreed upon in MY contract. If it was too much for the company to handle why did they agree?

Now as for you not stopping until the job is done....BULLSHIT. you mean to tell me you work 24/7 until you fix the problem? I think not, you proved that earlier when you asked for help with a weld bubble, how can be working until the job is done and still be posting on here? Get over yourself, there is always someone better than you and ready to take your place at the drop of a hat. You cannot say what will happen in five years, nobody can. we could be wiped off the planet by some big fucking asteroid next week, you could be hit by a train tomorrow. So go the doctor, get some paxill or prozac or an enema, calm down and go fuck yourself....oh and don't forget to read my disclaimer at the bottom, you'll understand then :kissass:

You seem to be a bitter, bitter man. Now your picking on the mentally challenged.
For all his claimed education, he's really an idiot. I haven't worked an hourly job since 1978, but having been an industrial sales rep, coming into GM, Ford (a lot of Ford), and a few Chrysler plants for at least half of the last twenty-two years, there's no way you can claim UAW & CAW members are lazy. Yea, there's a handful of crappy employees who try and get out of working, and get paid for it, but it's unfair to paint everyone with such broad strokes as "spoiled".

Are there other industrial companies where the work is just as crappy? Yes. Are the workers paid less than the UAW & CAW? Yes. Are they as productive as UAW & CAW members of the Detroit automakers? Absolutely not. I've said it before, and I'll keep saying this - as an outside observer, I haven't seen a blue collar workforce as productive as the men and women who work for GM, Ford, and Chrysler. A few bad apples shouldn't condemn everyone.

The situation we're in now, both the employees, hourly and salaried, and the vendors, is the fault of piss poor product planning and design, cause by piss poor leadership from the very top. If Ford's market share today was what it was in 1999 or 2000, we wouldn't be in the trouble we're in now, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. The problems aren't the cause of the rank-and-file, who not only aren't responsible for the market share losses and the bad planning by management, they aren't responsible for labor agreements that they never really had a hand in negotiating. The only thing these people ever got to do was vote "yea" or "nay" on a contract. It's not like these guys actually negotiated those contracts, or the benefits he's criticizing them for using.

Edited by Len_A

The problems aren't the cause of the rank-and-file, who not only aren't responsible for the market share losses and the bad planning by management, they aren't responsible for labor agreements that they never really had a hand in negotiating. The only thing these people ever got to do was vote "yea" or "nay" on a contract. It's not like these guys actually negotiated those contracts, or the benefits he's criticizing them for using.

We haven't always seen eye two eye on a lot of the crap on this board, but I have to say that I admire your post.

OAC_S

My job is secure, I come to work on time, I work hard, I stay over when the job needs to get done. I work on sundays for time and a half.

It seems just about every line in this poster first post has been debunk but this line here was never addressed. This salary guy stays over when they job needs to get done... I though salary meant you don't get an hourly wage but rather are paid a set wage to get your job done, are you looking for a pat on the back for living up to your expectations? Well then, here's to you. :beerchug:

We haven't always seen eye two eye on a lot of the crap on this board, but I have to say that I admire your post.

OAC_S

I appreciate that. What's fair is fair, and it's unfair to blame you guys for problems that you didn't cause, and that even includes labor agreements you may benefit from. The people who want to rip into you guys can't seem to grasp the fact that the union leadership and the the union rank-and-file membership are not one and the same. Furthermore, even that said, it's not like management didn't have a hand in negotiating the very thing people want to blame the union for. They see 1% of the whole picture and think they know it all. Well, they don't.

OAC_Sparky, it may have been two decades since I worked on a press at Dearborn Stamping, but I'm still as much of a working stiff as anyone else on these boards, and I am tired of the crap that outsiders throw at you guys.

Edited by Len_A

I appreciate that. What's fair is fair, and it's unfair to blame you guys for problems that you didn't cause, and that even includes labor aggreements you may benefit from. The people who want to rip into you guys can't seem to grasp the fact that the union leadership and the the union rank-and-file membership are not one and the same. Furthermore, even that said, it's not like management didn't have a hand in negoiating the very thing people want to blame the union for. They see 1% of the whole picture and think they know it all. Well, they don't.

OACagreementsnegotiating_Sparky, it may have been two decades since I worked on a press at Dearborn Stamping, but I'm still as much of a working stiff as anyone else on these boards, and I am tired of the crap that outsiders throw at you guys.

Good posts,, Thanks,,

You all need to grow the fuck up. Life outside of your little plant does not exist on the same plane that you are all on. Out here, we punch a clock, and to the ACH people, out here, we actually work. Life is not peaches and cream and 90% of the population do not make 30 bucks an hour for doing less than I do everyday.

You scream for health and safety, I scream for a drink of water every hour. You beg to get laid off, I beg to keep my job. You cry that unions will solve that...where in the fuck are you right now????

My job is secure, I come to work on time, I work hard, I stay over when the job needs to get done. I work on sundays for time and a half. I know for a fact that I will have a job 5 years from now. Can you say that?

Take a hard look at what you are doing for a living. Then take a look at the guy that hauls your garbage, and for the 2-ford workers family, take a look at the guy that cleans your pool. These guys have no health and safety "burdens" to consider.

Where I come from, you do the job at hand. You do not rest until it is done. I hope the best for the auto industry, but there are a handful that will fuck it up.

The uaw has turned it's back on you, and if you don't see that, sorry.

Be wise, get a free education....while that lasts.

take your dumb ass back behind the glass doors in the a/c and get you a drink of water. then go design some more shit on your computer, that dont fucking work outside the glass doors(in the plant). then, go find your momma, and smack the living shit out of her for raising such a stupid ass child. FUCK YOU :kissass:

im calling BS on this fuckwit.. "beg for water" and "i'm a robotics engineer" do NOT go together. my bet is he's either a regular troll to the boards that decided to get people fired up here while he sits at home and jerks off to the responses, or maybe he is a robotics engineer... in the newly installed robotic burger conveyor at the new mcdonalds down the street. either way he's full of shit. "I have job security".... dream on dipshit.

im calling BS on this fuckwit.. "beg for water" and "i'm a robotics engineer" do NOT go together. my bet is he's either a regular troll to the boards that decided to get people fired up here while he sits at home and jerks off to the responses, or maybe he is a robotics engineer... in the newly installed robotic burger conveyor at the new mcdonalds down the street. either way he's full of shit. "I have job security".... dream on dipshit.

He's a typical salary tech that runs around bitching and moaning that he works harder than every one in the building. They always lie and say they are engineers. Chances are he's some big shot salary guy's kid or nephew that never finished college and is not qualified to work at McDonalds.

No water breaks? Why drink water when you can drive to Starbucks and waste an hour or better while getting paid? Typical salary BS.

Cry me a river. This place is chuck full with cry babies. I'm willing to bet 99% of them are on here while on the company dime. Nothing better than salary hypocrites wasting company money bitching about the UAW.

I'm glad some of you guys have your heads out of your asses.

Funny stuff. :bandance:

Edited by BlueMagic_1

He also said he is college educated... With what? A BS in B.S. ???

:fan: :cheerleader: :fan: :cheerleader:

Oh I'm so impressed. It must be hard in your air conditioned cubicle while you type on a computer that has software that figures everything out for you while you play spider solitaire on easy and lose.

Well, that explains ALOT. Your one of the reasons that this company is getting fucked on a daily basis. Your some fucking nerd who was too lazy too work for a living so you went to school for a few years with mommy and daddys money and now your a good for nothing engineer. Guess what assclown you have no fucking idea what it is that we do for a living. At my old plant in michigan we had a "test day" once when the stupidass engineers had too work the assembly for 8 hours. It was amusing too see these self rightious waste of space fuckasses have to kill themselves for 8 hours. They were the FIRST ones too say "I dont know how you come in here everyday and do this! Get it straight, If you dont put your hands on the vehicle, then you are USELESS too our company.

~~~~ Get it straight, If you dont put your hands on the vehicle, then you are USELESS too our company.

And how will exciting new products get designed and engineered? Who will plan new model launchs? Who will schedule the cars to be built? Who will schedule the 1,000s of various parts to be built and have them waiting lineside to be installed? Who will send the finished automobiles to the dealers who ordered them? Who will pay the bills and see that we are paid by the dealers? Who will see that you paycheck is ready every week? Who will handle complaints and warranty claims?

It goes on and on... Yours may be the physicaly hardest job but many (most?) other "paperwork" jobs are just as important and taxing. I worked on the line for years, and while physically demanding, there is no where near the stress many of the "paperwork" jobs have.

And how will exciting new products get designed and engineered? Who will plan new model launchs? Who will schedule the cars to be built? Who will schedule the 1,000s of various parts to be built and have them waiting lineside to be installed? Who will send the finished automobiles to the dealers who ordered them? Who will pay the bills and see that we are paid by the dealers? Who will see that you paycheck is ready every week? Who will handle complaints and warranty claims?

It goes on and on... Yours may be the physicaly hardest job but many (most?) other "paperwork" jobs are just as important and taxing. I worked on the line for years, and while physically demanding, there is no where near the stress many of the "paperwork" jobs have.

Very good point. Everyone needs to have respect for each other, hourly and salaried, employee and vendor. Things aren't going to improve much if there's a lot of infighting. This URALLUKT person is real good at stirring up the animosity between hourly and salaried ranks. Shows how much a part of Ford's problem he truly is.

Live, Love and Laugh. If you have worked hard and done your best, be proud of it, union or non-union. You don't need to prove anything to anyone but yourself. Continue to do your best in what ever career you may have to choose next. Life is to short....enjoy it while you can.

I appreciate that. What's fair is fair, and it's unfair to blame you guys for problems that you didn't cause, and that even includes labor agreements you may benefit from. The people who want to rip into you guys can't seem to grasp the fact that the union leadership and the the union rank-and-file membership are not one and the same. Furthermore, even that said, it's not like management didn't have a hand in negotiating the very thing people want to blame the union for. They see 1% of the whole picture and think they know it all. Well, they don't.

OAC_Sparky, it may have been two decades since I worked on a press at Dearborn Stamping, but I'm still as much of a working stiff as anyone else on these boards, and I am tired of the crap that outsiders throw at you guys.

As someone whose connnection to the automobile industry is as a car enthusiast and a purchaser of new vehicles, there are three things I would say to this:

One, the UAW leadership is chosen through an election, so it would seem as though leadership must follow membership's wishes to stay in power. At least, this is the appearance from the "outside looking in."

Two, one of the issues that has been identified as a big concern by management and the union is health care. The UAW has called for government takeover of health care, and William Clay Ford, Jr., and Rick Wagoner have strongly hinted that the government take this course of action to relieve them of their health care burden.

Except that, in the case of retirees, there IS a government-run health care program - Medicare. If the UAW were serious about relieving these companies of paying for health-care costs, it would simply propose that retirees be transferred to Medicare. This would give a huge assist to GM and Ford (even if they still had to pay for medical benefits for active employees).

There's only one problem - UAW will never do that, because Medicare benefits aren't as rich as the UAW negotiated benefits. And it would bankrupt the country to extend UAW-level benefits to the entire country (heck, Medicare itself is getting to be a HUGE strain on the federal budget).

So, to an outsider, some of the UAW's posture on this issue is more than a tad disingenuous - and I can't believe that it is totally disconnected from what the rank-and-file want.

I understand that UAW members didn't approve the Pontiac Aztek, run Oldsmobile into the ground, allow the Taurus (and now the Focus) to wither on the vine, or starve Lincoln for product. But I don't see a groundswell of support to eliminate the Jobs Bank, bring capacity into line with demand (to prevent the need for constant fire sales and dumping of excess models on fleets, which is destroying resale value and brand equity over the long run) or take measures that will really improve quality or productivity. All of which must be done to save these companies.

And, three, as everyone on this forum argues over various issues, market share slowly slips away. This was brought home to me this weeked in two separate instances.

In the first, a friend's family traded their Ford Windstar for a Toyota Sienna, because of the Windstar's crappy transmission. So there is another customer lost to Ford, probably forever. (Please know that I realize that the Windstar's crappy transmission, which is a well-known flaw, isn't the UAW's fault.)

The second involved a cousin whose family has been loyal to Mopar for over 30 years. His dad drove Dodge trucks, and his mother's car was always a Plymouth Fury, later follwed by a Chrysler Cordoba (her last car before she died).

He has been driving Dodge Rams and, his wife drives a Chrysler Sebring. Imagine my surprise when he pulled up in a Nissan Titan, and said that he is through with Dodges because of the lousy resale value.

Oh, and his daughter just graduated from high school, got a job in a local bank as a teller, and bought her first car - a used Honda Civic coupe.

If Ford, GM, Chrysler and the UAW lose these customers - who don't live in California, aren't especially rich, and have been loyal to the domestics for years - they are in BIG trouble.

Edited by grbeck