Replace '14 Fusion headlights with those from Ford Mondeo?

Albo23

So the Mondeo (EU ver. of Fusion) has cool LED DRL and LED turn signals within their headlight enclosure.

I am considering replacing headlights in my '14 Fusion with a set of Mondeo lights found here for example: http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32313241062.html

Has anyone done this before? Are there any issues that could possibly arise or is it truly plug-n-play?

Most of the listings do indeed state they are plug n play so I may contact the individual sellers to confirm.

However, what about these lights would make them illegal here in the US?

Depends on what they mean by plug-n-play. Does that mean you can plug them in or does it also guarantee they work? If they work is it just the lights or does the adaptive feature also work? Without a software update of some kind there is almost zero chance of having full functionality.

There are a multitude of differences between European and U.S. lighting standards. U.S. is way behind.

Most of the responses to this are doody. First off, the aliexpress linked lights are not OEM Mondeo lights. So there is no adaptive LED system at all. They are simple aftermarket HID powered headlights with a halogen\led(depends on listing) powered high beam. Simple bulb in a reflector bowl. YES they are plug and play and I just suggest getting a HD\Mopar Relay harness in your US Fusion for them to run properly without any possible issues to the BCU. With the harness and these lights, its as simple as playing with legos. When you order specify LHD projectors so your beam step isn't blinding drivers like mentioned above.

The only thing you would need to worry about these lights in the US is that they have a clear reflector VS a big ole amber one. Which really doesnt mean too much. Depends on where you live and whos passing inspection on your vehicle. Ive never had problems with 10% window tint, to blacked out headlights to blacked out tail lights. YMMV but most likely ok.

FYI, OP, The Lighting Firm sells Plug & Play Mondeo style HID lights for the Fusion. If you haven't checked them out already, you should see if they satisfy what you're looking for. OEM Mondeo lights from Europe are most likely not going to work in the Fusion.

• 5 months later...

I'm surprised how few people have bought these. I too have considered them, but was a little reluctant due to price. The price is probably what's held many back from making the purchase.

I have found some of the actual Mondeo headlights on eBay UK and see that they have the same plug in the back and wonder if they would plug and play. This is also a big investment just to answer a question.

I would personally rather not have the amber part in the headlight even if it is illegal. I'm not worried about inspection and the police aren't driving around looking for amber in headlights.

I wish there was at least one person on here who has tried them. The Lighting Firm has disappeared and these China ones seem to be the only option.