SLAP Hourly cleaning out their lockers.

Y2KGT

This message was posted on LAP's Message Board. A sad time at SLAP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The news is that on Friday 12-23 hourly were cleaning out their lockers.

Production is down for the next three (3)

weeks.

Supervisors were seen cleaning out their desks.

I see a quick end to the SLAP plant.

Offers are in the works to hourly workers close to retirement.

It is a sad day at SLAP.

In my 37 years as a SLAP hourly, (7 retired)

I have never see the UAW do anything to hurt the retirees.

Yes, there have been increase in RX co pays from $2 to $5.

But nothing like what is coming.

Like I said, it is a sad day for all UAW members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weeks.

It is a sad day at SLAP.

The UAW is not doing this, Globalnomics is. The UAW is just trying to survive.

My supervisor was there during this past week. He told me that the mood you guys have is amazing.

Even with the fate you guys must face. Your still strong on quality.

My hat is off to you all @ SLAP.

We have been living with this cloud over our head for three years, lost night shift last year. Not one incident of destruction or sabotage those people built quality units till the end, and walked out with their heads held high. Have never been so proud of the people I worked with, just glad to have been able to work with such good people.I think we will all just be relieved to have some resolution, we have all worked hard to change our fate, and understand the end is near. We will never give up, or give in till we build the last unit. Some supervisors were cleaning out their desk, because they are transfering to other plants.Hourly cleaninng out lockers? Did not see anyone doing that, except for those cleaning up after the X-mas dinners we shared for the possible last time. We wish all our union brothers and sisters a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New-Year From the good people of Slap.

We at SLAP dearly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. The fat lady is getting ready to sing but I sure hope she gets laryngitis (is there spell-check here?)! But if not, (most likely scenario)(i'm in the mood for ()'s today) we'll keep doing our thing until that last unit rolls out of the plant with the utmost integrity like we've been doing since the 1st announcement.

I know even that last unit will the best built vehicle, because EVERYTHING that Dearborn has thrown at us we kicked it's ass and excelled even beyond THEIR expectations, no sense in stopping now despite our fate.

May God Bless ALL of you hard working Ford Employees! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

From the vendors schedual we only have 20 days of production left before the locks go on the doors with the last day being March 10th-this is subject to how well the Sport Trac launch goes at LAP-if it goes good then expect the end a bit sooner, if LAP has a lot of problems then we will stick around for a few more days.But I expect the date given is prolly about right.

NO the people at SLAP just didnt roll over when we found out our fate.They did the very best they could and overcame all odds and still remain at the top in quality and absenteeism.

My hats off to all at SLAP.

Merry Christmas to all ,and stay safe

Pointy,dcassidy,I will see you on the 23rd

weeks.

It is a sad day at SLAP.

by the time it is over..everyone is/will be suffering ..ANd it aint over yet....it is a SAD day for AMERICANS

OTP refused 'til the bitter end to accept what was probably written in stone many years earlier.when it finally comes and you walk through those gates for the last time , it's like someone kicked you in the gut.otp went out proud and 'kicked the shit out of whatever dearborn sent' all the while but in the end it doesn't matter to them(detroit) so do your best and hold your heads up high --even though there may be a tear in your eye.good luck to all of you!

hey i was just wondering what happened to the temps they brought in after the regular night shift guys got transfered,,i heard they had to sign waivers saying they would not be hired on perm any info would be appriciated

All I can tell you is it must be as you say, I haven't heard a word about those folks one way or another. Not one mention of them since they got fired.

Mewhitey, sounds like you folks know what we're talking about at SLAP and we feel ya. My thoughts and prayers are for you and your's.

Old and Cassity Peace to you, My Brothers!

All I can tell you is it must be as you say, I haven't heard a word about those folks one way or another. Not one mention of them since they got fired.

Mewhitey, sounds like you folks know what we're talking about at SLAP and we feel ya. My thoughts and prayers are for you and your's.

Old and Cassity Peace to you, My Brothers!

old and pointy hope the new-year brings you many blessings and good times. See you on the 23.to hear uncle bills plan for the future.