Diesel Ranger

OK ... I love this truck ...

If I could get it in the color below .. I would be all over it ..

however it seems that not even Mexico gets the diesel... If they did, I would probably drive one within a year ...

This sucks though.. but I can only assume we have the US emissions to blame for this...

(of course plenty of you will keep on blaming ford, but how many diesels are going to be sold inthe US as 07 models - that is right - exactly ONE .. the DCX engine for E series and the GrandCherokee)

I hate that there are no diesels in the US.

Igor

post-23027-1156894030_thumb.jpg

Edited by igor

I'm not sure, but I don't think that engine is too dirty for the US. It just won't run very long on our high sulfer fuel. I believe the 2.8 PSD is Euro III compliant.

Just makes me wonder if Ford is ready for an imediate launch of this engine/truck combo when our fuel changes.

You probably could import one and get a VIN from a wreck. All illegal ofcourse.

Edited by Hemiman

I not sure, but I don't think that engine is too dirty for the US. It just won't run very long on our high sulfer fuel. I believe the 2.8 PSD is Euro III compliant.

Just makes me wonder if Ford is ready for an imediate launch of this engine/truck combo when our fuel changes.

You probably could import one and get a VIN from a wreck. All illegal ofcouse.

or import it and have it registerred at an "Mexican Relative" ;)

Igor

Yeah, my understanding is that it is our shitty high-sulfur diesel - and that that situation is supposed to be corrected sometime soon if I'm not mistaken. I like that truck too: 4 doors (a real 4-door truck, not the Tonka Toy Sport Trak, thank you) and diesel. It would sell well. I first saw 4-door small trucks on my first trip to Japan 28 years ago, and have wished for them here ever since. If history is any indicator, I see two possibilities: a.) Ford finally gets one on the market - 5 years after the market peaks, or b.) Ford just ignores the wish, never gets one on the market, and wonders why we don't buy more Sport Traks instead.

Reality Bites... and I think what you just said is the reality.

Yeah, my understanding is that it is our shitty high-sulfur diesel - and that that situation is supposed to be corrected sometime soon if I'm not mistaken. I like that truck too: 4 doors (a real 4-door truck, not the Tonka Toy Sport Trak, thank you) and diesel. It would sell well. I first saw 4-door small trucks on my first trip to Japan 28 years ago, and have wished for them here ever since. If history is any indicator, I see two possibilities: a.) Ford finally gets one on the market - 5 years after the market peaks, or b.) Ford just ignores the wish, never gets one on the market, and wonders why we don't buy more Sport Traks instead.

Yeah, my understanding is that it is our shitty high-sulfur diesel - and that that situation is supposed to be corrected sometime soon if I'm not mistaken.

I've already seen Stickers on the Deisel pumps saying that the fuel is for 2007+ Diesel engines that need low sulfur...so I'm assuming that you can get low sulfur diesel fuel now.

I've already seen Stickers on the Deisel pumps saying that the fuel is for 2007+ Diesel engines that need low sulfur...so I'm assuming that you can get low sulfur diesel fuel now.

A lot of refinery's already have their ULSD (Ultra Low Sulpher Diesel) operations up and running.

And have scaled back or just out right shut down the higher Sulpher diesel production. The sooner they can start selling ULSD the faster they can recover the construction costs.

Here Esso is already pumping out ULSD but is still making reg diesel and mixing the two. To ease the increased cost (due to upgrading the plant) to retaliers and the consumer.

Slowly they are increasing the ratio of ULSD to Reg diesel in the mix as the ULSD portion of the plant goes on stream fully. And the cost of the ULSD construction is absorbed.

Matthew