Automotive News: Next Gen Explorer as Early as 2018, Larger...

I agree with tbone, the third row is the primary reason why we purchased an Explorer. My wife was adamant that we get something with a third row and we loved the fact that the third row folded out of the way when not using it. Our previous vehicle was a 2008 Tahoe and the third row on that vehicle took up so much room in the back and honestly there was less room than there is in the Explorer.

I think the third row is so integrated into the design of the Explorer that it almost has to be standard. Any optional third seat would probably seem more like an afterthought.

• Like 2

That's fan art... We haven't been given a clue as to Bronco's styling since the concept in, what was that, 2004?

What are you talking about? I sketched the next gen model already! We know Ford likes to use my sketches as the final design (2010 Taurus, Expy is looking close too, etc) :hysterical:

• Like 2

"MY 2018 will start sometime next year ... "

Believe it or not, car makers can legally sell a MY 2018 on New Years Day, 2017, but not a day sooner.

Example, the 2003 Caddy CTS was first sold 1/1/02.

Ford has usually done April for early MY intros, such as first Mustang and Maverick. Anyone know of a Ford brought out a winter a year before CY? Maybe 2008 Taurus?

Edited by 630land