Union is lazy or asleep.....

MKX 4 Life

Since the Union will not return my phone calls (repeated messages), and there never seems to be anyone in the Union office to answer the phone, perhaps someone can help me cyberspace. I am one of the laid off workers. My EI has run out. I am now receiving all my moneyvia the SUB plan. I was just wondering if I was to get a full-time job (above-table), what, if anything would happen to my SUB pay. Thanks.

undefinedSince the Union will not return my phone calls (repeated messages), and there never seems to be anyone in the Union office to answer the phone, perhaps someone can help me cyberspace. I am one of the laid off workers. My EI has run out. I am now receiving all my moneyvia the SUB plan. I was just wondering if I was to get a full-time job (above-table), what, if anything would happen to my SUB pay. Thanks.

1st- Sub should be the last of your concerns. The longer you wait to get a job the longer you postpone your future. If you live in a highly unemployed area it's only gonna get worse when more people lose their jobs. You need to get out there and get a line in the water.

2nd- Read your contract.

3rd- Don't let your reps off the hook.

actually an interesting question. does employment at another company affect sub pay? hmm i dont know. anyone?

I'm pretty sure that it does.When I was laid off in 1980 I found another job that paid less so I took my pay stubs to personel and I was paid the difference of what I would have gotten for unemployment and sub.

Since the Union will not return my phone calls (repeated messages), and there never seems to be anyone in the Union office to answer the phone, perhaps someone can help me cyberspace. I am one of the laid off workers. My EI has run out. I am now receiving all my moneyvia the SUB plan. I was just wondering if I was to get a full-time job (above-table), what, if anything would happen to my SUB pay. Thanks.

Sorry to hear your out of work, I'll add that I've been calling international for the last 3wks and NO ONE will call back. They used to what happened?????

According to a rep. here at NAP, stated that any money made would be subtracted from your sub pay. For example if you were getting $500 from sub and you made $250 from a second job, $250 would be subtracted from your sub check. Of course if you took a job "under the table" Ford would never know the difference.

Edited by Simpleman

According to a rep. here at NAP, stated that any money made would be subtracted from your sub pay. For example if you were getting $500 from sub and you made $250 from a second job, $250 would be subtracted from your sub check. Of course if you took a job "under the table" Ford would never know the difference.

That is a fact, I work with a guy who has a part-time job and his sub and state unemploy. are affected!

Sorry to hear your out of work, I'll add that I've been calling international for the last 3wks and NO ONE will call back. They used to what happened?????

Now that you mention this, they might have gone ahead and changed the :censored::censored: phone number!!Wouldn't come as a surprise if you ask me. No wonder my local never can get thru to the International, maybe that's one of the reasons.......... :shrug:

Now that you mention this, they might have gone ahead and changed the :censored::censored: phone number!!Wouldn't come as a surprise if you ask me. No wonder my local never can get thru to the International, maybe that's one of the reasons.......... :shrug:

Or maybe they have caller ID

Download the attachment for SUB pay and the rules. It should answer your questions. I didnt include the part about short work week or moving allowance. I suppose those are part of SUB pay or funded from the same fund, but I'll check into that. The file is in adobe acrobat .pdf . Your computer should have a version of adobe acrobat on it.

subpayrules.PDF

Shows you where the International's true priorities are at don't they? More about themselves and not working for the rank and file... :censored::censored:

Have you tried these below telephone numbers:

Ron Gettlefinger, UAW International President TELEPHONEl: 1-313-926-5201

Fax: 1-313-331-4957

#################################################

UAW/National Ford Department TELEPHONE: 1-313-926-5397

FAX: 1-313-926-4670

Download the attachment for SUB pay and the rules. It should answer your questions. I didnt include the part about short work week or moving allowance. I suppose those are part of SUB pay or funded from the same fund, but I'll check into that. The file is in adobe acrobat .pdf . Your computer should have a version of adobe acrobat on it.

Thanks for the attachemnt. It was a great help.