I LOVE the Ford Motor Company

Ok...I admit it...I LOVE Ford and even though it is not the politically correct thing to do around here, I will admit that I am a hard-core Ford supporter.

Why?

Because I love my Ford Motor Company vehicle. In fact, I have loved every Ford vehicle I ever bought and all of the Ford vehicles my family purchased. I was brought home from the hospital after being born in a Ford Motor Company vehicle, Ford Motor Company vehicles got me to school every day from Kindergarten to my Senior year in College. Ford Motor Company vehicles have kept me safe on terrible winter roads. They also got me to places where I have experienced the best memories of my life. In fact, as I think about it, without Ford life would be not even worth living.

Now, you can say that any other brand of vehicle could do the same. This is true. But in my life Ford has been the one to get me through life day in and day out. From snowmobiling trips to Colorado, Wyoming and Idaho to 4-H stock shows. From hauling loads of hay in for the cattle in the winter to driving me to the school so I can teach my class. When I came home from spending a year in Iraq my parents were there at the airport to pick me up in a Ford and after spending a year running around in M113's and armored Humvees wow did that Ford feel nice to ride in.

So with that said...the Ford Motor Company might not be perfect, but they have helped to make my life as perfect as it can be. I am proud to tell people I drive a Ford. I take pride in washing and waxing my Ford. As far as I am concerned there is nothing in this world as far as material possessions go that I value more then my Ford.

So call me an ostrich...call me a Ford lover...tell me I am in denial...I don't give a damn cause I am proud of my Ford. Whoever is on these boards that works for Ford. Thanks. Not a lot of people appreciate you or your company anymore, but I do everyday and if the blue oval was gone tomorrow, life would be different.

post-19901-1157764990_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2005Explorer

Ok...I admit it...I LOVE Ford and even though it is not the politically correct thing to do around here, I will admit that I am a hard-core Ford supporter.

Why?

Because I love my Ford Motor Company vehicle. In fact, I have loved every Ford vehicle I ever bought and all of the Ford vehicles my family purchased. I was brought home from the hospital after being born in a Ford Motor Company vehicle, Ford Motor Company vehicles got me to school every day from Kindergarten to my Senior year in College. Ford Motor Company vehicles have kept me safe on terrible winter roads. They also got me to places where I have experienced the best memories of my life. In fact, as I think about it, without Ford life would be not even worth living.

Now, you can say that any other brand of vehicle could do the same. This is true. But in my life Ford has been the one to get me through life day in and day out. From snowmobiling trips to Colorado, Wyoming and Idaho to 4-H stock shows. From hauling loads of hay in for the cattle in the winter to driving me to the school so I can teach my class. When I came home from spending a year in Iraq my parents were there at the airport to pick me up in a Ford and after spending a year running around in M113's and armored Humvees wow did that Ford feel nice to ride in.

So with that said...the Ford Motor Company might not be perfect, but they have helped to make my life as perfect as it can be. I am proud to tell people I drive a Ford. I take pride in washing and waxing my Ford. As far as I am concerned there is nothing in this world as far as material possessions go that I value more then my Ford.

So call me an ostrich...call me a Ford lover...tell me I am in denial...I don't give a damn cause I am proud of my Ford. Whoever is on these boards that works for Ford. Thanks. Not a lot of people appreciate you or your company anymore, but I do everyday and if the blue oval was gone tomorrow, life would be different.

I was the same way untill the 04 Explorer. Ford basically refused to stand behind it's product. My brother had the exact same problems with his Explorer but his was taken care of because he scared the shit out of the dealership. Now one of the guys work with is having the same trouble with his Explorer sport.

Too bad because I would have bought another Ford if not for this experience.

I'm with ya, 05, I too love Ford and am very proud of it. I have personally owned no less than 15 Ford's since I got my license in 1991. In fact, I have only owned Fords. I even have paid extra to get a Ford rental! I too rode home in a Ford truck from the hospital when I was born and my parents have owned several Fords (and very few non-Fords) my whole life, including trucks, cars, vans, even a brand new Pinto wagon. I would never consider owning anything but a Ford.

ebritt, I too have had bad experiences with a few of my Fords. For example, my wife's 95 Mustang had some troubles. After repeated trips to dealership with the famous "no problem found" on the ticket, I gave up and traded it on a 1998 Expedition 4x4 (which had a new engine installed at only 20,000 miles, but that's another story...). Shortly there after, a recall was made for the TFI module that would have covered our 95 Mustang. In fact, the TSB's would of fixed it had the technicians at the dealer performed them. I have purchased many Ford vehicles new and only the 95 Mustang had the problems that weren't fixed the first time, but none of my vehicles have been completely trouble free. The point is, you can't give up on a product because of one bad experience. If I did, I would never own another from Sony, Whirlpool, Dell, Compaq, RCA, Pioneer, Panasonic, GE, Philips, Ford, Tommy Hilfiger, Levis, Audiovox... (you get my point).

I am right with ya 2005Explorer!!

I have only owned Fords for the past Tweny Years and will always only own Fords.

I have had a few minor issues that have awlays been taken care of, So you will not find me complain about any vehicle I have owned or the service.

In a couple of years, I will be buying a New Mustang. It is hard for me to wait, but the finances won't allow it yet.

Edited by danglin

A. Not a politcal message, but I get your meaning.

B. If not here, a Ford fan message board, then where?

So call me an ostrich...call me a Ford lover...tell me I am in denial...I don't give a damn cause I am proud of my Ford.

I think the pride and dedication you show towards Ford is great, but the marketplace doesn't share your ideals. In this competitive market a consumer has the opportunity and choice to choose the best product for their needs, in everything from lamps to fast food to cars. Ford, as well as GM and Chrysler, have declined to their positions today due to many things, but the main issue is not producing the cars people want to buy. We could spend all day debating why or how and other minutae, but that is the root cause. While I do like Ford, I don't drive a blue oval because they didn't make a vehicle that suited my needs.

I don't think you're an ostrich; you purchased the best vehicle in the market for you: a Ford-branded truck. You can love Ford all day long, but ultimately you have to want the company to make sound business decisions and chart a good direction. There simply aren't enough "Ford no matter" buyers to keep the company around otherwise. So when I criticize Ford it is in the spirit of wanting Ford to be the best company it can be. I can only assume many of the people here also feel that way.

So good on ya, keep the spirit. But understand that criticism doesn't equal hate, it's just another way of saying "I love you, you're perfect, now change."

Scott

Edited by waymondospiff

What can I say, I love panther cars and I love my Marauder! It's been excellent to me minus some minor electrical glitches that are probably atermarket parts related anyway.

(Car stalls in drive from hard stop due to low engine idle. It has an underdrive pulley....)

Other than that, I've been smoking rice left and right. Even knocked a few high priced Mercedess and Lexus luxury sedans and suvs.

Edited by StevenJ

My 2002 Ford Explorer has 90,000 trouble free miles, My 84 Mustang GT traded with no issues for a 86 Turbo Coupe (great car, no balls), marriage into a 92 Cougar XR-7, baby comes... trade for 96 Explorer XLT V-8, trade for the 02 Explorer.

My wife and I last night went on a date in our new 07 GT Mustang 5-spd. Best car I have ever owned and proud to say I have always owned Ford products and they have been great for me.

My first recollection of being a "Ford Man" was back in 8th grade, honest! The nuns wanted the boys to do a model contest and I was the only one who built a Ford. That was 1962. I guess I built a Ford because that's what my Dad drove. I remember his 58, the 52 flathead, the 68 Torino Squire, the Fairmont, Grand Marquis, etc.

I was harassed because I stuck by it and received more harassment when a year later I built a 63 Chevy Impala SS convertible and put a Ford 406 motor in it. I remember seeing 4 Chevies for one Ford all thru high school and still have the "Hot Rod" magazine with the 427 lightweight Galaxie on the cover....where one of my classmates scribbled "Ford's Suck."

I stuck with Fords all thru school and thru my years working at Ford dealerships. Never let me down and I was less than kind to some of them.

Back in 8th grade, I never knew I would one day work for Ford Motor Company. I have 28 years behind me and the Company has been good to me. Yes, there have been times when I though of leaving. I say I'm a Ford Man despite working for the Company. I'm in FCSD and proud to say that we keep customers, one at a time. It hurts to see the Company in such bad shape......mostly our fault, I think

Most of my family and friends and neighbors have Ford Products. My phone number's in the book and I've had many customers over the years stop by, call, and ask for help or guidance that I'm blessed to provide. Right now I own 2 63 Galaxies, 1994 SHO, a 2002 Excursion, and a 2006 Explorer which is my Company car. I buy Ford parts and use Ford oil and filters and lubricants, exclusively....I support the Company I work for. Yes, I'm proud.....I'd rather eat worms than drive anything else....I know I can buy anything I want...the 300's are nice and some of the Jap crap vehicles are beautiful. But, I'll stick with the Blue Oval and my head's NOT in the sand!! thanks for reading this

I'm with ya, 05, I too love Ford and am very proud of it. I have personally owned no less than 15 Ford's since I got my license in 1991. In fact, I have only owned Fords. I even have paid extra to get a Ford rental! I too rode home in a Ford truck from the hospital when I was born and my parents have owned several Fords (and very few non-Fords) my whole life, including trucks, cars, vans, even a brand new Pinto wagon. I would never consider owning anything but a Ford.

ebritt, I too have had bad experiences with a few of my Fords. For example, my wife's 95 Mustang had some troubles. After repeated trips to dealership with the famous "no problem found" on the ticket, I gave up and traded it on a 1998 Expedition 4x4 (which had a new engine installed at only 20,000 miles, but that's another story...). Shortly there after, a recall was made for the TFI module that would have covered our 95 Mustang. In fact, the TSB's would of fixed it had the technicians at the dealer performed them. I have purchased many Ford vehicles new and only the 95 Mustang had the problems that weren't fixed the first time, but none of my vehicles have been completely trouble free. The point is, you can't give up on a product because of one bad experience. If I did, I would never own another from Sony, Whirlpool, Dell, Compaq, RCA, Pioneer, Panasonic, GE, Philips, Ford, Tommy Hilfiger, Levis, Audiovox... (you get my point).

It's not that I had problems with the car, it's that Ford basically said "screw you". I have owned at least a dozen Fords and was a pretty heavy Ford enthusiast but not after this. This car hit my wallet pretty hard and I can't afford to do it again.