07 Navigator Survey

NLPRacing

Was one of the questions on the poll:

"Remove fugly ass grille - $PRICELESS$"

??

:banghead:

I too thought the grille was atrocious, but today I saw a high-res, close-up picture of it in Sports Illustrated and it actually looked good. I will withhold any more judgment on the 07 Navigator until I see it in person. Hopefully they will have one at the State Fair of Texas when I go on September 30th.

I hope that it is a tuned 5.4. I'd hate to think we would have to wait for the Hurricane and it only be able to put out 350 horses.

I don't see why they couldn't get 350+ HP from the 5.4 when they can get 292 HP fro the 4.6 in the Explorer. An optional 5.8 Hurricane with 350 HP would be okay, too. From what I've heard, the only thing really holding Ford back from bumping the power up on the 5.4 is the tranny. Is Ford working on a new tranny for the Hurricane? Will it be ready sooner allowing the 5.4 to actually make the HP that it is capable of?

• 1 month later...

Remember the 2000 the Cobra R had a 5.4 DOHC that made 385 HP and 385 FPT.

Why 7 years later we can't get a 400 HP 5.4?

It probably can be done, but like one of the post said, it might be the tranny that can't

handle the power. The new 6-Speed should, as the 5.4 3-valve has 365 FPT.

This vehicle should have around 400 HP for the category it competes in.

Remember the 2000 the Cobra R had a 5.4 DOHC that made 385 HP and 385 FPT.

Why 7 years later we can't get a 400 HP 5.4?

It probably can be done, but like one of the post said, it might be the tranny that can't

handle the power. The new 6-Speed should, as the 5.4 3-valve has 365 FPT.

This vehicle should have around 400 HP for the category it competes in.

"Could do" and "Could do affordably" are often two different things. The 5.4 DOHC in the Cobra R used a lot of expensive parts. Granted, those expensive parts should be covered in the premium price of the Navi, but it's something to consider. My personal belief is that Ford is basically saving its R&D for the 5.4's replacement instead of wasting more time tinkering with it in the meantime. Not really a great choice in my book, but hopefully the benefits will pay off when the Hurricans arrive.