KIA Sedona and Nissan Quest face off

Ovaltine

Ford F'd up big time with the Freestar, and they will continue to pay the price until the people movers finally make their debut.

With that said, I find it funny how it's a big deal that the Sedona beat out a van that moved a whole 40,357 units last year. What is this Kia's latest and greatest attempt to flood the rental car market with yet another one of their vehicles?

what is KIA? is that a new car company, never heard of them before.

on a side note, why the hell is the shifter up by the radios in these cars? right there that would be a non selling point to me.. wtf is that?

They locate the shifter tere because column shifters are cosidered passé but there is still a perceived need in the minivan market for the adult front seat passenger or driver to be able to access the rear seat and make sure the kiddies, etc. are properly secured. It ususally works unless the front seat residents are very large or they order an optional non removable centre console if that is available, then they're SOL.

Having owned and lived with 3 mini-vans over the years, I'll say this. The Kia is much better looking than the Freestyle and should run rings around it. I have always thought the Quest was wild looking for what it is. I still think it's cool. That said, I don't think anyone will care, so why knock it if you don't need it? BTW, that shifter location is quite smart indeed, out of the way. Again, we hate th things we don't understand.

Having owned and lived with 3 mini-vans over the years, I'll say this. The Kia is much better looking than the Freestyle and should run rings around it. I have always thought the Quest was wild looking for what it is. I still think it's cool. That said, I don't think anyone will care, so why knock it if you don't need it? BTW, that shifter location is quite smart indeed, out of the way. Again, we hate th things we don't understand.

Run rings in what way?

Time period: 1975 :happy feet:

Movie: "Japanese Auto Workers Wants Honorable American Job, Home and Wife."

Scene: Upper middle class suburb in Michigan.

Story line:

Knock at the door. UAW member answers the door. Small Japanese man says, “Aaahhh, Honorable American, I want your job as the greatest auto worker in the world.â€

Big 3 worker says, “You small Japanese POS, you know nothing about how to build cars and you all have small d :censored: !!! Go away!!! This is the Big 3!!!!â€

Time period: 2008 :fan:

Movie: "Japanese Auto Workers Wants Honorable American Job, Home and Wife II." AKA, “Back Door Charley is in My House.â€

Scene: Middle class suburb in Michigan.

Story line:

Big 2 worker comes home and opens front door. When he does, he sees the same Japanese man having his way with his wife.

Japanese man says, “Aaahhh, Honorable American, I have learned much over the last twenty years from you. What I have learned most is, it’s not the size, it’s the motion that gets you what you want. Now please leave for I now have your home, and your wife.â€

Time period: 2013 :slap:

Movie: "Korean Auto Workers Wants Honorable American Job, Home and …."

Scene: Trailer Park in Michigan.

Story line:

A small Korean auto worker man goes up to the Big 2 workers’ front door and knocks. The Big 2 workers answers the door and says, “What do you want little man? The Japanese already took my home and my wife. All I have left is my dog and this trailer.â€

Korean auto worker says, “Aaaahhh, Honorable American auto worker, we have learned much from the Honorable Japanese auto worker about how to sell our cars in America and take your jobs.â€

Big 2 Auto Worker replies, “I have nothing left, the Japanese took everything I own!!â€

Korean Auto Worker responds, “Not so Honorable American auto worker, you still have your dog, and I have bought your Trailer Park… ‘cuse please. Maybe if we live together and eat your dog, we can combine our strength and take what the Japanese took from you years ago.â€

American Worker says, “Well if I get my wife back, who will you make love to?â€

Korean Workers smiles and whispered, “Honorable American man, I am gay.†:shrug:

American Auto Worker looks away to the sky and shacks his head saying, “I knew that that little SOB would continue to screw me some how.â€

Moral of the story: Never underestimate your enemy. Not only do they want your home, your job, your dog and your wife, but they will continue to screw you every chance they get. :cry:

Oh pardon me for saying something negative about a van that most BON members hate. That would make sense. And please tell me what would make the ShitStar such a great vehicle compared with any brand made anywhere. You Japanese haters ought to grow up a tad and understand what competition really means. Brand names mean NOTHING anymore. It's how well or how porrly something is made that counts.

Edited by 156n3rd

Oh pardon me for saying something negative about a van that most BON members hate. That would make sense. And please tell me what would make the ShitStar such a great vehicle compared with any brand made anywhere. You Japanese haters ought to grow up a tad and understand what competition really means. Brand names mean NOTHING anymore. It's how well or how porrly something is made that counts.

I'm confused - in the original post you refernced the freestyle, it seems that, based on the above, perhaps you meant the freestar. Is that the case? If so, it highlights the confusion resulting from the rotten names a number of these vehicles have - remember when the freestyle was the crosstrainer? Could have been the 500 Crosstrainer, Crosstrainer 500, at least avoiding confusion with the underwhelming van.

Sedona and Quest face off

In minivan showdown, Kia's power wins over Nissan's style

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO03/609130349

-Ovaltine

Well, the Lienert's once again give chase to Mark Phelan for title of "World's Most Useless Car Reviewer." They compared two of the slower-selling, lower-stature minivans in the market place...why exactly? And then the prices: base-model Sedona, $23,665 & top-o-the-line Quest, $40,865.

I feel bad for anyone who would use Paul & Anita's opinions when selecting a car.

Scott

Ummm so have you made up your mind as to what you're talking about? Freestar? Freestyle?

Okay, everyone can pile on, I meant Freestar. A pos by any other name. If Kia can make a cheap unit does does what a mini van is supposed to do, why couldn't Ford? It's useless to discuss that point, it's dead. :tease:

Who's debating it? I think everyone was wondering what vehicle you were talking about. Chill out why don't you.