Fairlane People Mover Early Specs

Harley, I should have mentioned your interpretation in my post, rather than having you explain it to me for about 3rd time :D .... the thing is ... I do not see the Freestyle as SUV styled - it is actually wuite a bit car/wagon styled - ... I am sure we will knoe soon enough - but for now I am still unsure about this whole thing.

I agree with you regarding the Freestyle's sheetmetal today; I'm thinking the shift more towards an SUV look will coincide with its reskin - just like the reskin of the Escape seems to be moving it more towards Ford's SUV styling idiom.

DoD does work... In a limited environment. It improves mileage on the EPA test. It will improve mileage for you is your driving habits closely mirror the EPA highway cycle test. I am willing to be that it can make a significant difference if you travel at about 45 mph steadily for long periods of time.

The optimum vehicle with today's technology would be made of aluminum (or carbon fiber), have a small, Dod enabled engine, and HLA. It would be extremely aerodynamic and have low resistance wheels. It would also have almost no towing capacity, no performance at all in the twisties, and have very limited passenger and cargo room.

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been any reports of seeing any Ford or Lincoln "People Mover" mules out there? I have a feeling that this thing will end up looking like an Edge EL kind of like how the Mazda CX7 and CX9 relate to each other. Which would be okay as my wife like the way the Edge looks better then the current Freestyle. When is the "People Mover Formerly Known as Fairlane" supposed to be available? Do you think we'll see a production version at the Detroit show?