Ranger Rear Seat Delete

When the new Ranger came out, my first thought was.."there should be a "delete" option for the seats in the Super Cab.  Then I find out there is such an option but only in XL.  Makes no sense.  This picture of my 04 says it all.  Two saws, peavey, chains etc etc on my way to tackle recent Cape Cod storm damage.  No box in back and if I had to stop for coffee  whatever, would not want two Stihls sitting in bed of  truck.  And unlike my 04 that has jump seats that fold up out of the way, the seats in the Super Cab do NOT fold up out of way giving you a nice flat floor.  And by the way, to those who say "get a tool box" I say no way.  This old dude has a Back Rack.  Plenty of option to load up rack with lumber and keep my tools safely locked up in cab.  

Big mistake IMO by not offering this seat delete option across the board.  Sales guy says-.."oh but the cushions come out"  Yes  they do and they are cheesy at that.

Help me out here.  What is the logic in not offering the delete option across  the board?

IMG_1044 (2).JPG

My guess is the way the floorboard is built to accommodate the seat is the problem there. Remember this is a carryover model until the all new one comes in a few years. There probably wasn't room in the budget to engineer a flat floor version just to satisfy a very niche (at the moment, who knows if that might change) market. 

34 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Bob, have you seen this thread?   https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ranger-xl-rear-seat-delete-option.2772/

Might be worth buying an XLT/Lariat and removing the seats?

HRG

You'll never get a flat floor like the old ranger unless you cut the floor out and weld in a new one. 

Edit: actually now that I think about it you could just cut out the seat supports but that might be more effort than one is willing to put into it. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

HRG & Fuzzy-Thx for responses guys.  It looks like there is not that much to be gained with the "delete" as the plastic base remains other than you don't have to deal with the seat backs if you went with the delete.  My question remains though-what could Ford's logic be to NOT offer the option in an XLT or Lariat?  Makes no  sense to me as you offer up an option that might encourage someone to buy at a higher ATP-which is always Ford's objective.

How  about  it Fuzzy-you are on the line -so a Lariat comes down the line- you put in plastic panel "A" instead of two seat backs and set belts!  What is the big deal.