• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Mark Kaczor

2020 Ford Retiree Health Plan Options

Is anyone surprised that the new health plan offerings for retirees are limited to 2 and the monthly premium for the high deductible plan had increased by $430 and the deductibles have doubled?

I saw the new plans but is that much of an increase possible??? They say they contribute 6000 toward health care coverage? 

I saw this yesterday. I think it sucks! Going from no premium to $215 monthly and deductible doubled in one year.  This is how they care of their retirees for a long career. They have to pay the low life UAW with industry best medical and benefits. They always take away from salary employees and give to UAW employees. I usually lease 2 vehicles every 2  years. I am done with Ford motor company. My next vehicle may be a KIA. Glad I took lump sum buyout of pension. UAW is going to put all big 3 out of business soon. 

Huge increase for those of us retired salary. Many employers have totally eliminated retiree health care. Glad to get something. Surprised Ford moved it this quickly. I still think of my younger coworkers with no retiree health care, or pension for that matter. For myself, glad I only have one more year before being put in  Medicare. One political observation: Those who think "Medicare for all" means free health care had better check with any elders they know and get the true score.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:01 PM, WM1 said:

I saw this yesterday. I think it sucks! Going from no premium to $215 monthly and deductible doubled in one year.  This is how they care of their retirees for a long career. They have to pay the low life UAW with industry best medical and benefits. They always take away from salary employees and give to UAW employees. I usually lease 2 vehicles every 2  years. I am done with Ford motor company. My next vehicle may be a KIA. Glad I took lump sum buyout of pension. UAW is going to put all big 3 out of business soon. 

Take from salary to give to the UAW?? WTF are you talking about? What about how salary assholes get a bonus when they eliminate line workers jobs and pile that work onto other line workers? No its the GREEDY salary and management that will put the big 3 out of business. Funny I do not remember the UAW have a fleet of private jets and 20mil + salaries. Hey salary asshole its the factory workers that actually do the work while you sit on your ass bitching and get paid for it.

The 2020 Benefits Highlights say one cost, but when you go to reenroll on the website, it says totally different and much higher costs. It's very confusing.

1 hour ago, forddaughter said:

The 2020 Benefits Highlights say one cost, but when you go to reenroll on the website, it says totally different and much higher costs. It's very confusing.

It's because it's not open enrollment right now 

12 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's because it's not open enrollment right now 

So how are we supposed to know what we are going to pay in 2020?? We called and picked one of the two plans listed on the website, but are not sure what it will be costing us.