Ford invests $11.5 billion in all-electric Transits

I have just one question:  Who told them it was going to cost that much???!!!  No, really!  Accountants? Some re-tooling outfit that does this stuff?  To put in an electric drivetrain instead of an ICE?  There's no way, no way in heck, that it should cost this much!  I think Ford should get some second opinions.  Who is doing the re-tooling?  Ford should do their own.  They did it from scratch when they built the Rouge plant way back when, didn't they?  Is it over-inflated to use as a tax deduction?  Total nonsense!

3 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

I have just one question:  Who told them it was going to cost that much???!!!  No, really!  Accountants? Some re-tooling outfit that does this stuff?  To put in an electric drivetrain instead of an ICE?  There's no way, no way in heck, that it should cost this much!  I think Ford should get some second opinions.  Who is doing the re-tooling?  Ford should do their own.  They did it from scratch when they built the Rouge plant way back when, didn't they?  Is it over-inflated to use as a tax deduction?  Total nonsense!

This is almost like they hired the USA defense department to set the price of this program.

41 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

Joe771476 sir, where did you get the idea that Ford is investing $11.5 billion for all-electric Transits? Neither Ford nor anyone else made that claim.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Joe771476 sir, where did you get the idea that Ford is investing $11.5 billion for all-electric Transits? Neither Ford nor anyone else made that claim.

That’s the TOTAL investment in all electrification programs at Ford through the year 2022.  That includes hybrids, plug in hybrids, Mach e and all the other new vehicles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

That’s the TOTAL investment in all electrification programs at Ford through the year 2022.  That includes hybrids, plug in hybrids, Mach e and all the other new vehicles.

This makes much more sense!

• akirby locked this topic