Hollywood Mark Goes to Texas!!!!

Footballfan

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...1014/BUSINESS01

It was the unveiling of the new Ford F-350, but Hollywood Mark Fields stole the show!

Ford wanted to send a real man from its management team to introduce the truck, but Anne Stevens was run from the company earlier in the month. Ford then tried to hire a Hollywood actor, when they decided to use their own actor to introduce the truck! The figured with Mark Fields, they could attract the feminine and homosexual crowd to the truck as well.

Mark Fields was adored in a $2,000 suade suit purchased at company expense from the Woman's department at Neiman Marcus. Instead of spending the day in his office planning strategy, he spent half the day selecting the suit, boots, and a matching leather purse, and the other half of the day getting his hair done at the women's salon. Many of the women in the store were jealous because Hollywood Mark was dressed better than they were.

It was the unveiling of the new Ford F-350, but Hollywood Mark Fields stole the show!

Ford wanted to send a real man from its management team to introduce the truck, but Anne Stevens was run from the company earlier in the month. Ford then tried to hire a Hollywood actor, when they decided to use their own actor to introduce the truck! The figured with Mark Fields, they could attract the feminine and homosexual crowd to the truck as well.

Mark Fields was adored in a $2,000 suade suit purchased at company expense from the Woman's department at Neiman Marcus. Instead of spending the day in his office planning strategy, he spent half the day selecting the suit, boots, and a matching leather purse, and the other half of the day getting his hair done at the women's salon. Many of the women in the store were jealous because Hollywood Mark was dressed better than they were.

Oh My Fucking God - wil lyou grow up you fucking prick?!!?

I get it you do not like it .. and calling someone Hollywood Mark is funny - caling someone gay just because you do nmot like him is simply moronic - I would call it idiotic, but that would insult all the true idiots out there.

Grow up ...

Igor

Edited by igor

I get it you do not like it .. and calling someone Hollywood Mark is funny - caling someone gay just because you do nmot like him is simply moronic - I would call it idiotic, but that would insult all the true idiots out there.

Grow up ...

Igor

Aww, what's the matter, did I dispareage your hero? What's the matter, you have the hots for him. I am sure that he would like that. And if I were a prick you would be all over me.

Edited by Footballfan

I think more than anything this is just 1 more example of how out of touch Ford

is with their customer base, and a Texas - sized one at that.

I lived in Houston and Dallas for more than 3 years and I can tell you that

nothing sticks out quite as much as some "yankee" trying to come down

there and trying to hard to be just like them by wearing cowboy boots

and in this case some ridiculous suede suit ?

Geeez..SUEDE ! ? Most native Texans

would'nt even wear one of those, also keep in mind its still in the

80's and 90's down there.....duh !

Toby Keith was a good choice but they were at a State Fair for God's sake !

What's wrong with bringing in REAL PEOPLE who actually drive

the damn trucks for a living instead of some painfully obvious

"city slicker" trying too hard to be just one of them !

Who thinks up this ridiculous BS....they need to fire the damn PR firm, the same one who probably came up

with the current stupid "Bold Moves" BS

I agree with the article, where it said it looked like they were "over compensating"

The people that go to State Fairs are good middle America "salt of the Earth" folks

who can smell USDA choice Grade A BULLSHIT.

Ford probably came off as trying way too hard while jumping up and down and

screaming.....hey Y'ALLLL....loookie over here at us !

Ford should be embarrased.....

Our trucks will continue to sell themselves IF we continue to LISTEN TO OUR CUSTOMERS !

Toyota did years of research just talking to people who need work trucks for the new Tundra,

Im sure GM isn't sitting still either. if dont continue to listen it wont matter who they get to do the sales pitch...our loyalcustomers will have already left !

We dont need this kind of Hollywood city slicker showmanship !

Geeez..! ? Most native Texans

Who thinks up this ridiculous BS....they need to fire the damn PR firm, the same one who probably came up

I agree with the article, where it said it looked like they were "over compensating"

The people that go to State Fairs are good middle America "salt of the Earth" folks

Our trucks will continue to sell themselves IF we continue to LISTEN TO OUR CUSTOMERS !

Toyota did years of research just talking to people who need work trucks for the new Tundra,

Im sure GM isn't sitting still either. if dont continue to listen it wont matter who they get to do the sales pitch...our loyalcustomers will have already left !

Shhh- don't tell this to Igor, or he might go off on you like he did me above:D

Your points are so well taken. Number one, I think that it is a slap in the face to all the 50,000 employees when Fields prances around in a suede suit. After all, what did he hope to accomplish? How many people at that fair actually knew who he was? He looks more like a fashion model than a President of a company. I too am ashamed and embarreded for Ford. If you want to hire an actor, hire a REAL ONE like Chuck Norris.

Grow up ...

Igor

I guess suede does chap your ass doesn't it?

Geeez..SUEDE ! ? Most native Texans

Excellent analogy, f150man. I hate posers that try to shine for the 'moment'. Just like all them youngsters out there that wear them CBGB t-shirts, but bought them at the MALL. God, I hate that........

Well, I can't speak for Texas, but I CAN speak for the Southerners down here in Georgia. Born and raised here. And if we saw a "circus display" like that down here, it would be like a slap in the face. Bringing a corporation "pretty boy" down here and dressing him up in a suede outfit, cowboy boots, "moussed-up hair" and parading him around like he was a real southerner would NOT be appreciated.

These guys really do need to get out in the "real world" - no wonder their business is in the toilet.

Edited by Hotlanta

Footballfan, your schtick does go beyond funny to ignorant sliding towards moronic. I am no fan of Mr. Mark to be sure, but please change your handle so as not to put true football fans in a negative light.

As to the real issue, yes Ford is SO out of touch. Toyota's ads are kicking our ass. The one with the meteor and the newer one with the Loch Ness Monster are simply dead on. Meanwhile we have some channel turning crap with ex boyfriends pulling trees over for the new boyfriend and getting some dumb-ass unstuck from the overpass....YAWN.

Just like Bill Jr. saying he has gasoline rather than gold running through his veins Fields is NOT the rep for any kind of working persons vehicle.

Get some tobacco chewin Billy off the Nascar circuit to do the stang, and some likewise working type guys and gals for the trucks...it isn't that hard to know your target marketing group for heavens sake.

I must say, though that the new one with the Stang going to the autobon is good.

Footballfan, your schtick does go beyond funny to ignorant sliding towards moronic. I am no fan of Mr. Mark to be sure, but please change your handle so as not to put true football fans in a negative light.

As to the real issue, yes Ford is SO out of touch. Toyota's ads are kicking our ass. The one with the meteor and the newer one with the Loch Ness Monster are simply dead on. Meanwhile we have some channel turning crap with ex boyfriends pulling trees over for the new boyfriend and getting some dumb-ass unstuck from the overpass....YAWN.

Just like Bill Jr. saying he has gasoline rather than gold running through his veins Fields is NOT the rep for any kind of working persons vehicle.

Get some tobacco chewin Billy off the Nascar circuit to do the stang, and some likewise working type guys and gals for the trucks...it isn't that hard to know your target marketing group for heavens sake.

I must say, though that the new one with the Stang going to the autobon is good.

Dadzee:

If you were a true football fan, you would know that there is no defense for sissies like Hollywood Mark!!! :runaway:

Seriously, sorry you did not like my post- and thanks for being able to communicate it in a non profane way- but how was it ignorant and moronic? If a man wears woman's clothing does he not set himself up for scorn? If one makes a big choreographed scene that draws attention to themselves and not their product do they not set themselves up for criticizism? If you see a man walking down the street like that- not knowing it was Mark Fields- what would you think? Would you think he is supposed to be a role model and president of a Fortune 500 company? Or would you cross to the other side of the street?

Edited by Footballfan

Yes any figure who puts themselves out in front of camera or product is open to ridicule or better yet criticism. The fact you believe Fields to be an inappropriate spokesman is fine, but when you begin name calling rather than pointing out how he misses with his intended audience you invalidate much of what you say. Those reading your post simply tend to ignore when things go in that direction for anything other than entertainments sake.

I have wondered myself, if you were not just posting for reaction rather than your real opinion as some of your views are expressed in such an inappropriate manner. If so I suppose in my case it worked as here I am posting my second reply.

Yes any figure who puts themselves out in front of camera or product is open to ridicule or better yet criticism. The fact you believe Fields to be an inappropriate spokesman is fine, but when you begin name calling rather than pointing out how he misses with his intended audience you invalidate much of what you say. Those reading your post simply tend to ignore when things go in that direction for anything other than entertainments sake.

I have wondered myself, if you were not just posting for reaction rather than your real opinion as some of your views are expressed in such an inappropriate manner. If so I suppose in my case it worked as here I am posting my second reply.

No I was not trying to get negative reaction, I was just trying to make levity of a situation, and to be honest, I was not doing and/or saying anything above and beyond what others have been saying about Fields on BON. Fields is disrespected by a lot of people here on the Forum, and my parody was mild compared to some such as this one posted on this thread.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=7044

You wonder about Ignorant Igor, he reacts like I insulted his family or something. Unless he is Mark Fields??????

I've been wondering for a while now. He went from a mispelling off the wall poster to a over educated english major in a few months. Maybe he thought no one was paying attention, reminds me of management though.

Grow up ...

Igor

Get a life man :kuko:

I hate to be mean, but you are being immature. Don't hate on Mark Fields because you don't have his job and you can't afford a $2,000 SUEDE suit. Get over it. :doh:

Shhh- don't tell this to Igor, or he might go off on you like he did me above:D

Your points are so well taken. Number one, I think that it is a slap in the face to all the 50,000 employees when Fields prances around in a suede suit. After all, what did he hope to accomplish? How many people at that fair actually knew who he was? He looks more like a fashion model than a President of a company. I too am ashamed and embarreded for Ford. If you want to hire an actor, hire a REAL ONE like Chuck Norris.

I wish John Wayne was still around..