Just got my new 2021 Aviator Reserve yesterday and love it.  I got the music from a USB thumb drive to play in the USB port in the center console “media bin”.  Kind of sticks out and might get broken.  I found USB ports on the back of the front console and inside the rear seat console bin but they both apparently just are for charging and not streaming.  The book said there MAY be ports in the center armrest console bin or under the dash but I can’t find any there.   Anyone know if there are any hidden USB ports that stream music?  Thanks.

Jeff

They make super low profile USB drives that work great.  Mine is only about 1/4"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, XJ6 said:

Just got my new 2021 Aviator Reserve yesterday and love it.  I got the music from a USB thumb drive to play in the USB port in the center console “media bin”.  Kind of sticks out and might get broken.  I found USB ports on the back of the front console and inside the rear seat console bin but they both apparently just are for charging and not streaming.  The book said there MAY be ports in the center armrest console bin or under the dash but I can’t find any there.   Anyone know if there are any hidden USB ports that stream music?  Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff. What akirby, HRG or 92merc stated. I went with the same solution as akirby. A mini USB drive like any of these: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=mini+usb+drives

Click on the "Shopping" link at the top.

Mine happens to be a 128GB Samsung model. Only the small plastic cap sticks out of the port. Completely out of the way and the only way you could break it would be to hit it pretty darn hard with a hammer. 😉

Fits unobtrusively in the front USB port in the front "ashtray" of my MKZ, and the lid shuts easily (I realize you have an Aviator).

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks to all for the quick reply.  Yes, I think that Flash drive with just a very small nub of a handle will work great.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff