DoogieUSA

2021 Mustang Mach 1 performance / aftermarket parts

Took delivery of my 2021 Mach 1 last week and I'm having difficulty finding aftermarket exhaust components.  Checked with many companies with no luck at this time.  Ford Performance has nothing to offer as well.  probably going to have to wait until testing is completed.  Any help is appreciated. 

Have you tried AmericanMuscle?

18 hours ago, DoogieUSA said:

Took delivery of my 2021 Mach 1 last week and I'm having difficulty finding aftermarket exhaust components.  Checked with many companies with no luck at this time.  Ford Performance has nothing to offer as well.  probably going to have to wait until testing is completed.  Any help is appreciated. 

What exactly are you looking for?    How is the exhaust system any different than any S550 GT?

18 hours ago, DoogieUSA said:

Just curious... What exactly are you looking for? The Mach 1 factory exhaust isn't good enough?

54 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Just curious... What exactly are you looking for? The Mach 1 factory exhaust isn't good enough?

I am not aware of any exhaust system differences between the Mach 1 and other GTs.   I have a 2018 with active exhaust.   I did replace the resonator with an H-pipe.   I would be surprised if aftermarket exhaust components for 2018-2021 Mustangs wouldn't fit a Mach 1.

It's been brought to my attention from speaking with Ford performance there may be fitment issues choosing 2018-2021 aftermarket exhaust not related to the Mach 1.  I have an open ticket to contact me back with further information after consulting with department engineers at Ford.  Good news will come of this in due time.  First order of business will be to delete the resonator and replace with a H pipe hoping the sound decibels will increase to my pleasing.  Less cost than jumping in with a roughly 2 thousand dollar cat back exhaust.  Thanks for the feedback all. 

Deleting the resonator in favor of an H-pipe does provide a deeper and more "muscle car" sound.    If you have the active exhaust, the quiet mode is very pleasant around town or in the neighborhood where you do not necessarily want to bring attention to yourself.    Track mode at WOT sounds much like a NASCAR race car.   Steeda makes a great H-pipe and the price is right.   Some muffler shops can make one, too, but probably at a higher price than buying one from Steeda.   This is just a start up in Normal mode:

My company car for a lot of years was a Mustang GT and every one was equipped with the Active Valve Performance Exhaust option since it became available. I've also seen a lot of Mustang's over the years that were in for service and happened to be modified by their owners. I understand those that want to modify their vehicles for various reasons but personally find that a lot of the modifications don't add much to the vehicle. 

My only thought is that if I'd just taken delivery of a 2021 Mustang Mach 1, I'd drive it for a bit and get to know the car before deciding to do modifications. I like performance cars factory stock but that's just my opinion.  

Thanks for your informative reply.  When I called Steeda regarding the H pipe and its fitment qualification I was informed that they just installed one on a Mach 1 today without any issues.  With that said I ordered one as today as well.  Offered me a promo code for 10% off the sale.  Terrific customer service indeed.

I suspect the Mustang is among the most modded vehicles.   Many of us like to personalize our Mustangs.   The aftermarket support is huge.   Ford even seems to encourage personalization with a comprehensive accessories catalog.   

On 4/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, DoogieUSA said:

Thanks for your informative reply.  When I called Steeda regarding the H pipe and its fitment qualification I was informed that they just installed one on a Mach 1 today without any issues.  With that said I ordered one as today as well.  Offered me a promo code for 10% off the sale.  Terrific customer service indeed.

Doogie, after you install the H-pipe, your car will sound like this at wide open throttle:   (be careful what you wish for...lol)