Anyone Get a Random “ding” Chime?

AndyG.

Brand new 2022 F350 Tremor with 7.3L engine.  Have been getting a random, single chime or “ding” while driving.  Sometimes it happens every 10-15 seconds, sometimes every 10 minutes, sometimes not for days.  No alerts on the dashboard. Nothing unusual with truck or engine. I’d welcome any suggestions. TIA

probably a long shot, but my 2004 dodge ram does this very randomly.  It does the chime when it senses a lamp out.  on my dodge, a turn signal bulb can be "partially" burned out for several months before it finally burns out for good, so everytime the filament temporarily disconnects, the truck will chime

I get dings occasionally in my 2019 Nautlius.  I have found 2 reasons for it:  I'm not gripping the steering wheel with both hands which sets off a ding.  If I ignore this, the vehicle will flash a message on the driver display saying the vehicle will automatically slow down.  I dared it to once and it after about 30 seconds the vehicle suddenly applied the brakes.  The other reason is the navigation system detects when you are entering a school zone.  The ding is to remind you to obey the lower speed limits and to watch for children in crosswalks.

19 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

I get dings occasionally in my 2019 Nautlius.  I have found 2 reasons for it:  I'm not gripping the steering wheel with both hands which sets off a ding.  If I ignore this, the vehicle will flash a message on the driver display saying the vehicle will automatically slow down.  I dared it to once and it after about 30 seconds the vehicle suddenly applied the brakes.  The other reason is the navigation system detects when you are entering a school zone.  The ding is to remind you to obey the lower speed limits and to watch for children in crosswalks.

My 2021 Corsair has a similar feature.....which can be defeated by turning the lane keeping off and turning off the "alert" and "aid" modes in the settings.

https://owner.lincoln.com/support/how-tos/safety/driver-assist-technology/driving/how-to-use-and-program-lane-keeping-system.html

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Evanl said:

If my vehicle reminded me to put both hands on the steering wheel, it would be on its way to the lot. That would drive me crazy. I didn’t even realize that was a thing!

It’s a safety feature in case you doze off or get too distracted.  You can turn it off.

• Like 2