FORSCAN?? or is it FORDSCAN,, what is it for?

• OREGUNFIRE changed the title to FORSCAN?? or is it FORDSCAN,, what is it for?

It allows accessing the internals of the car via the OBD2 port.  If you don't know what you are doing you could make a mess that would be expensive to recover from.  I used it to enable the DRLs in a 2013 Fusion Energi when the dealer refused to do it.  By default it is read only and can't cause problems IF you have a quality OBD2 adapter.  The ones that are inexpensive are an invitation to trouble.  There is an extra license required to be able to write back to the car.

All of my comments are with respect to the Windows version.  I know nothing about the version that runs on a cell phone.

5 hours ago, murphy62 said:

I used it to enable the DRLs in a 2013 Fusion Energi when the dealer refused to do it. 

What are "DRL's". Only thing I really want is to get rid of the speed limiter. My 2020 cut off at 96 mph.. When passing it would be great to be able to go a lil faster.

10 minutes ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

What are "DRL's". Only thing I really want is to get rid of the speed limiter. My 2020 cut off at 96 mph.. When passing it would be great to be able to go a lil faster.

Daytime running lights.  You have a speed limiter because of the tires so make sure your tires are upgraded.  Although I can’t imagine a situation where you need to go faster than 90 mph to pass someone.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, akirby said:

Daytime running lights.  You have a speed limiter because of the tires so make sure your tires are upgraded.  Although I can’t imagine a situation where you need to go faster than 90 mph to pass someone.

Ya, I get it  but we have area's where the speed limit is 80mph and to get around someone in a timely fashion with limited room 96 just doesnt get it done. I had a 2018 gmc that i had it removed and it helps quite a bit. My 2019 ram 2500 would at least do 105mph stock. 

18 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

Lol.... I always wonder what the top speeds of any of my trucks were... I don't think any of my trucks have ever gone over 70.

On my work truck I actually use the "my key" to put the top speed at 70 miles an hour, I figure I'll get there when I get there and that will prevent me from not realizing my speed and get a ticket from the fuzz....lol