2022 Black Appearance Package

tk421

On 11/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, tk421 said:

I'm seeing various reports around the web that the Black Appearance Package for '22 F150s is going to end up being very late availability, sometime in to next year.

Does anyone have any solid information on this?

It would be nice to get some kind of info on this. I have a Platinum ordered with BAP and would like to know what kind of wait time I should start looking for.

Maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in

Thanks 

Not related to lead times...but just another note on the package...from what I've read last night, the new black appearance package requires the 145" wheelbase. So if you are fine with a 5'5 bed, you can get the package! I was sorta disappointed when I was ordering a new platinum that I couldn't get it with the 6' bed.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, mitch42 said:

Any new info on when we might see BAP trucks getting in line for build

thanks

Simple. When the Black Appearance Package is no longer a "Late Availability" commodity! I've not seen anything from Ford regarding an expected availability date. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 8:18 PM, 65stang150 said:

I just got confirmation for my build date 28 February for 22 F150 lariat with the BAP package

I ordered a Lariat with BAP on 10/22 and still have not gotten a build date. Seeing this post gives me hope that it will be soon. If you don't mind me asking when did you order? Also, did you have any other options that contributed to the long lead time other than the BAP?

My order was with

PowerBoost

7.4KW Gen

spray in Bedliner

My order was moved to priority 2 so I figure it should be at the top of the list! But, I have been considering changing my order to the KR just so I can get it built before the end of the year.

I ordered mine on 9/29 as 2021…didn’t officially convert to 2022 until 11/11 as I was waiting on Ford to finally update their build & price tool.  Finally gave up on the website.  Platinum 5.0, agate black, BAP, FX4, max tow, max recline seats, work surface, moonroof.  I received a build date of 3/7 yesterday.  I didn’t include adaptive steering or spray in bed liner.  

8 hours ago, PeteM2006 said:

I ordered mine on 9/29 as 2021…didn’t officially convert to 2022 until 11/11 as I was waiting on Ford to finally update their build & price tool.  Finally gave up on the website.  Platinum 5.0, agate black, BAP, FX4, max tow, max recline seats, work surface, moonroof.  I received a build date of 3/7 yesterday.  I didn’t include adaptive steering or spray in bed liner.  

Great News! Seems we are all getting good news this week! Got my notification yesterday as well for build week of 3/7. Hope it continues to move along with no more delays. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I ordered my Rapid Red Lariat with BAP on December 13. Just recieved notice that it will be built February 21. I noticed that the US build tool has updated the features of the BAP, and they have dropped the black headlight bezels, and black interior dash, door and instrument panels. This is going to be a deal breaker for me, as I'm not a fan of the two-tone interior on the non BAP trucks. Anyone else noticed this subtle change by Ford?

Edited by AlmostSlimShady

On 1/27/2022 at 9:37 PM, AlmostSlimShady said:

Hey guys. I ordered my Rapid Red Lariat with BAP on December 13. Just recieved notice that it will be built February 21. I noticed that the US build tool has updated the features of the BAP, and they have dropped the black headlight bezels, and black interior dash, door and instrument panels. This is going to be a deal breaker for me, as I'm not a fan of the two-tone interior on the non BAP trucks. Anyone else noticed this subtle change by Ford?

Don't trust the build and price. Refer to the order guide. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:37 PM, AlmostSlimShady said:

Wow, lucky you to get it scheduled this quickly. I order Lariat Powerboost BAP on December 20, and heard nothing since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my Black Appearance Package  XLT November 8th and have heard nothing. Question for the forum. Do you know if the BAP is available on a truck with a body color that is not black? I love the antimatter blue but was told that I cannot get the BAP in a body color other than black. 

Appreciate  your time