Help Calculating Post Build Payloads

Civrelm

Hi, new here.  I have been bouncing around the Ford forums looking for information.  I am sure that this question has been ask hundreds of times.  I am looking to order a 2022 F-350 SRW to tow a small 5th wheel (loaded <12K pounds, loaded pin +2400 pounds), hitch, passengers, truck cargo, etc, I’m looking at 3014-pound total payload.  I don’t want to max out the payload, so I was thinking of adding 10%, for a total payload of 3300 pounds.  I have gone through the 2022 specs and towing guide and truck camper publications.    

I am looking at the following build:

F-350 XLT CC SB

4x2 (will consider 4x4 if I get a payload advantage that exceeds the package weight)

7.3L or 6.2L

10-speed

3.73 axel

18“ wheels

XLT Value Package (fog lamps, power driver’s seat, reverse sensing, etc)

5th Wheel/Gooseneck prep

Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist

Rear Window – Power-Sliding with Privacy Glass

XLT Value Package (fog lamps, power driver’s seat, reverse sensing, etc)

5th Wheel/Gooseneck prep

Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist

Rear Window – Power-Sliding with Privacy Glass

40/Console/40 front seats

I see the base payload for the CC SB 6.2 is 3440 pounds and 3406 for 7.3L for the 10700 GVWR with 18” (A/S?) tires.  For a 4x4 CC SB and 11300 GVWR the payloads are a little better for 18” A/T tires at 3620 pounds for the 6.2L and 3586 pounds for the 7.3L

My question is how much cargo capacity am I left with after the weight of the packages and accessories are added?  I have searched for the accessory/option/package weights but have been unsuccessful, except for the truck camper loading publication, but the items listed in that publication have not changed for at least 10 years.  I have asked the dealer about my remaining payload capacity and they provide me with the base payloads.  When I place am order will the order report contain any indication of the remaining payload?

I see that super cabs had a significantly higher base payload and I may consider that as an option if I need to.

I'm sure somebody on here has that exact same truck and can put a exact number up.

I will post up what I have so you can see the drop with the options I have.

On the Ford website.... 350 xlt 11,900 srw LB 4x4 CC 7.3 4.30

plow/camper pkg, 5th goose pkg, 18A/T, dual alt/batt

The ford build site with payload shows 4730.

My door sticker is 4430

I have added a few options that probably total 300 lbs....(5th prep pack) (snowplow camper package), (dual alt and batteries.) Plus the other little thing add up too.

Those are options that are taking away from my 4730 top starting point.

The 7.3 100 lb weight difference over the 6.2 is already figured in when the 11900 is used...

I posted something similar to this post on a different thread figuring my weight... but now I have another thing to add....?

51g aux fuel tank 100lbs

The gas in it......300lbs

Me 190

Wife 130

2 young kids 170

Tool box + contents (estimated) 300

5th wheel hitch 150

Dog 75

The weight adds up fast in the truck also. Think about the stuff you never really think about for weight.

Misc crap in truck.. figure in all the stuff you carry with you when you go on vacation GPS, phones, cables, purses (wife and daughters, not mine), pistol and 4 mags (MINE???), WeatherTech floor mats seat covers, drinks, lunch box all the crap stuffed behind the seat under the seats Exedra Exedra Exedra... 100lbs

That right there is 1500 lbs and I feel it is pretty accurate.

4439-1500≈ 2900(ish)

So many won't have the 400lb addition of fuel there that still only leaves 3300lbs out of the 4400.

If you are starting out with 3400 or 3600 off the Ford site than figure after all the crap above added in you are very well past max. Legal nope... will the truck do it,  sure see it everyday going up and down the road.

2900 left out of 4439, but this is why I went with a 350 and ordered everything I could to get that figure boosted up. 

20211115_230326.thumb.jpg.de2658af246208f27062e1c7b8c7f75f.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-181000_Chrome.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

I originally ordered a f350 7.3 ccsb 4x4 xlt with 5th wheel. Spray liner, premium package and changed my mind and upgraded to a Lariat with lariat value, sport package, and same other options as xlt, minus the sunroof.   Both trucks came in and payload on xlt was 3889.  Payload on lariat is 3861.   Hope this helps. 

Thanks, I have decided on an F-350 CC SB, 7.3L, 3.73, 10,700 4x2.  I located a spreadsheet from Ford that listed payload/option weight data for F-150, F-25- and F-350.  It was produced in 2016, but listed the weights for all of the F Series trucks. I found the 2021 eSourceBook and Towing Guide that got me all of the specifications I needed for the spreadsheet.   I am trying to conform the payload with the dealership, when I order.

Edited by Civrelm

On 11/29/2021 at 8:12 AM, Baddestt said:

My 22 F350 6.7 Lariat Value Tremor shows 3234 Payload w/5th wheel prep, no sunroof, no tailgate step, no 360 degree camera.

I still thought this was a little low

My 22 F250 SCSB 7.3/4.30 4x4 Lariat sport, 5'r prep, camper, fx4, utt (pretty much everything available) came in at 2966....for comparison.  

On 12/1/2021 at 1:55 PM, Civrelm said:

I am trying to conform the payload with the dealership, when I order.

Dealership won't have the payload on "your" SD.    I'd refer you back to the 2022 towing guidebook to get a basic understanding of what to expect.

If you think you're going to tow a 5th wheel at some point, I'd be more likely to get F350 over F250.