Ford Vehicle Order Tracking - Website Issues

nswan

5 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

Good to hear.  It's not what the ling media portrays.  (Remember, I'm in the heart of progressive left media here)

Sadly, the media a few miles north of you isn't any different. The reporter's standards these days seems to be, "Why let facts get in the way of a good story"?

Large corporations not in the tech industry will state this is not their core business and as such do not invest vast amounts of money into it. I have used Cummins software for years and whenever we complain to their field reps about how poor it is, this is their answer, "we are in the engine manufacturing business not the software business".

1 hour ago, KKosi said:

Large corporations not in the tech industry will state this is not their core business and as such do not invest vast amounts of money into it. I have used Cummins software for years and whenever we complain to their field reps about how poor it is, this is their answer, "we are in the engine manufacturing business not the software business".

These internal systems were never designed to serve end customers - only dealers in a wholesale fashion.   They’ve added veneers on top to provide some info but it’s never going to be as robust as a retail seller.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 11:41 AM, akirby said:

These internal systems were never designed to serve end customers - only dealers in a wholesale fashion.   They’ve added veneers on top to provide some info but it’s never going to be as robust as a retail seller.

They should rewrite from scratch then. Terrible effort from a company as large as Ford. I'm amazed they don't even bother to put up a "status page" like most modern companies do when their services offered online are down or impacted by some kind of issue. Ford Order Tracker has been completely unresponsive for days now - amazing they can't fix it in this timeframe let alone put  up a simple "we're having issues, working on it" message.