Ford/Warn Winch Thoughts

russ90s

33 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

I have it and it's great.  I replaced the factory hook with a Factor 55 Ultrahook.  Also, in WA, if you factory order it then you can get a front plate exemption when Ford fails to provide the correct bracket with the winch.  

Front plate exemption would be great. Think of how much time it would save not having to go back into the bush to find your plate after it got ripped off.?

• Like 1

Can you order the factory build wench on non-Tremor builds? I really like the idea of it being built in, the look, etc. but decided not to go with the Tremor. I'm sure there is some way to get it custom done in the future but thought that wouldn't get it under my truck's warranty. Based on the above, it sounds that is a moot point as Ford might try to deny warranty on factory ordered wench anyway.

2 hours ago, ChuckDiesel said:

Can you order the factory build wench on non-Tremor builds? I really like the idea of it being built in, the look, etc. but decided not to go with the Tremor. I'm sure there is some way to get it custom done in the future but thought that wouldn't get it under my truck's warranty. Based on the above, it sounds that is a moot point as Ford might try to deny warranty on factory ordered wench anyway.

Yes you can now. Mine is coming on my Lariat

ford build.jpg

Edited by russ90s

19 hours ago, russ90s said:

That sucks. That's one of the reasons I thought this would be a good addition to the truck. You would think it would be under warranty.

Doesn't look like it. That's why I'd keep one on a hitch bracket. Can also use it from the rear receiver as well. Much more versatile. Plus, don't have to carry the weight when just in town. My 2 cents. Also easier to clean, service, or repair.

• 2 years later...

I have a factory Ford Warn Winch on my 2023 F350 Lariat Tremor and went to use it for first time and it doesn’t work.  Been to several dealers that don’t want to mess with it and even been told they can’t warranty it, which I know is a lie, but it is a lot of trouble so far. I can’t get my cable back in and have it wrapped around my tow hook and zip tied. A lot of BS for a $100K truck with 125K extended warranty and maintenance warranty.  So far, Ford sucks!

• 3 weeks later...

I love mine, WARN has already sent me a new Wireless controller as the first one "died" surprisingly in the first year. No idea... but either way, I've had to use my Wired controller at least 50% of the time. Frankly, you get spoiled with this and I'd seriously have regrets about not having a winch on a future vehicle.

2024-04-02 09_25_01-Photo - Google Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

• Like 1

• ice-capades changed the title to Ford/Warn Winch Thoughts