X-Plan Question/Issue

JO302

Hey everyone,

I appreciate everyone's help so far and this forum has been amazing. I placed my order back on 12/22/21 for our new Navi L with the premise I would be doing the X-plan. I signed up for MCoA in mid-December (which actually has some other benefits I've found useful) but I won't hit the 90 day mark until 3/15/22. I was told I was looking at least 90 days before the vehicle would come in, but I just got an email that it is going into production the week of 2/14. Not sure what the lead time is from there, but I am assuming it is less than 30 days. Should I be concerned or will this likely sit on the yard for 3-4 weeks before transport gets it?

All that to say - does anyone have any alternate suggestions on getting an X-plan pin? Not sure if it is frowned upon to ask in other forums on this site and don't want to be that guy. Any help here or via PM would be greatly appreciated.

22 minutes ago, JO302 said:

Yes, they agreed they would do the X-plan when I ordered it. Will just need to give them the PIN when it is ready for delivery. As you said, they can sit on it for a bit until I get it and hopefully that is only a week or two.

I would be surprised and impressed at the same time if the vehicle was at your dealer before the 90 days. As mentioned above by akirby, and if it did happen it wouldn't be by much. That shouldn't be something that the dealer could not work with you on. The very worst-case scenario if the dealer thought they could sell it to someone else before your 90 day mark, they could simply you another one. I believe that the PIN is good for a year. 

3 hours ago, JO302 said:

Hey everyone,

I appreciate everyone's help so far and this forum has been amazing. I placed my order back on 12/22/21 for our new Navi L with the premise I would be doing the X-plan. I signed up for MCoA in mid-December (which actually has some other benefits I've found useful) but I won't hit the 90 day mark until 3/15/22. I was told I was looking at least 90 days before the vehicle would come in, but I just got an email that it is going into production the week of 2/14. Not sure what the lead time is from there, but I am assuming it is less than 30 days. Should I be concerned or will this likely sit on the yard for 3-4 weeks before transport gets it?

All that to say - does anyone have any alternate suggestions on getting an X-plan pin? Not sure if it is frowned upon to ask in other forums on this site and don't want to be that guy. Any help here or via PM would be greatly appreciated.

Hi JO302. Not sure if you were also made aware of the Ford X-Plan Partner Company program. If you and/or your spouse work for a recognized Ford Partner Company, you can obtain the X-Plan Partner Company code from the HR department and use it to generate a PIN on the Ford X-Plan Partner Company site.

Here is a partial list of participating companies: https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

Due to the fact that Partner Companies are constantly being added, it is hard to find one all encompassing list. So you can find more lists by looking through here: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Ford+Partner+Company+listings

The Ford X-Plan Partner Company website: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm just curious what your priority code is to have ordered December 22 compared to me and others from late October and your estimated production week is one week ahead of me and others. That is what I am impressed by. 

That said, for my 2020 Nav, it took 16 days from build to delivery. That was pre-covid nonsense. 

13 hours ago, JO302 said:

Thanks all. I don’t work for a qualifying company but have some friends that do.would that work?

My priority code is 19 if that helps.

Hi JO302. No.  As per the Ford Partner X-Plan PIN eligibility rules below:

"Partner Recognition:

An eligible Partner Recognition employee or retiree may generate up to two (2) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase/lease of a new vehicle for them or members of their households as noted below (see PIN Generation for details):

• Employees (full time, part-time and contract), retirees and spouses of eligible Partner companies (suppliers, fleets, etc.) and members of specific organizations or groups.

• Residents of the same household as listed above (driver’s license required for proof of residency).

• Participation is by invitation only as determined by Ford Motor Company and Lincoln Motor Company. Not all suppliers, fleets, etc. are eligible."

Good luck.