Question about 2018+ Navigator Suspension

Andrew L

I recently saw someone talk about how they plan on ordering a 2022 Navigator but are disappointed they don't have air suspension. I was kind of surprised about this but did a little digging and it looks like in 2018 they got rid of air suspension including rear load leveling is this correct?

Reason why I ask is I had a conversation with someone just yesterday about this and they are telling me that's all wrong and ALL Navigators have air suspension.  I sent him a few reviews from 2018 highlighting the quotes that say no air suspension but he's saying that's incorrect.  Any documentation out there I can send him or more details?

Edit: Yes I did google this but I am getting hit with a lot of after market Air Suspension addon stuff.  OR a quote from one website that's incorrect that says all Navigators from 98 and on have air suspension at a 4 corners.

Edited by Andrew L

It has neither air suspension nor air leveling.  Those are different things. One of the reasons I was attracted to it was that it did not have air suspension. I tow a travel trailer. I don't want something that if it breaks (and they break), renders the vehicle undrivable. Coil springs are reliable.  As far as leveling, leveling does not increase load carrying capacity so I don't see it as a big deal - for me anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andrew L said:

I recently saw someone talk about how they plan on ordering a 2022 Navigator but are disappointed they don't have air suspension. I was kind of surprised about this but did a little digging and it looks like in 2018 they got rid of air suspension including rear load leveling is this correct?

Reason why I ask is I had a conversation with someone just yesterday about this and they are telling me that's all wrong and ALL Navigators have air suspension.  I sent him a few reviews from 2018 highlighting the quotes that say no air suspension but he's saying that's incorrect.  Any documentation out there I can send him or more details?

Edit: Yes I did google this but I am getting hit with a lot of after market Air Suspension addon stuff.  OR a quote from one website that's incorrect that says all Navigators from 98 and on have air suspension at a 4 corners.

Does the person you're talking to have a lincoln?  He's clearly ill informed on this product.  The last year lincoln had air suspension was 2014.  From 2015 forward, navigator has used coils with adaptive magnet ride dampers as an option(which became standard since 2020).  I've owned an 09 with air suspension and driven newer navs without and can say ford did a spectacular job of mimicking air ride feel with the coils.  I do think with the new competitors out, they should re add the air ride to the nav, which will most likely happen on the next full redesign.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Does the person you're talking to have a lincoln?  He's clearly ill informed on this product.  The last year lincoln had air suspension was 2014.  From 2015 forward, navigator has used coils with adaptive magnet ride dampers as an option(which became standard since 2020).  I've owned an 09 with air suspension and driven newer navs without and can say ford did a spectacular job of mimicking air ride feel with the coils.  I do think with the new competitors out, they should re add the air ride to the nav, which will most likely happen on the next full redesign.

Surprisingly yes he does he has an Aviator.  I am wondering if he is guessing the Navigator HAS to have it cause his Aviator does.