Trailer theft alarm

Forderorder

9 hours ago, Monoman said:

It seems possible if your vehicle can detect the trailer is attached and has Sync 4.   Hopefully someone with direct knowledge on the feature and requirements will chime in. 

I don't think Sync 4 would be a requirement even.  Just send a small current through the trailer wires and measure resistance changes?  Sounds like on the F-150s it uses the modem to send an update to your phone, but heck this could just be another input to the PATS system and trigger the horn honk / lights flashing.

Any deterrent would be helpful. I actually really liked the option on the F150 just the 150 wasn’t enough truck.

i just looked at page 106 of 2022 owners manual it looks like, if the trailer is disconnected while security system has been activated. The horn should sound and lights should flash. It doesn’t say anything about going through Ford connect. Does anyone have any other information? I would love for my phone to act like my old "auto page"

Edited by Sh6l9by

Ok next question 

since this is Sync 4 will we be able to download or adapt our Super Duty’s in the future?   Look I’m not tech savvy, my cell phone is a chore but there are people that have tremendous skills. And I can only hope at very least this trailer security gadget is something I’ll be able to use someday.

23 hours ago, Sh6l9by said:

Ok next question 

since this is Sync 4 will we be able to download or adapt our Super Duty’s in the future?   Look I’m not tech savvy, my cell phone is a chore but there are people that have tremendous skills. And I can only hope at very least this trailer security gadget is something I’ll be able to use someday.

As a software developer, if there isn't any particular hardware needed to implement this then this would be doable via software update.