My 2022 raptor got built then totaled during shipping

mgser8899

My order was the first wave of Oct orders got scheduled and went into production since Early Feb with Blend date of 02/11 and stuck in production since then.

Just got a call from my dealer told me that my truck was totaled during transportation and can not be for sale anymore..

But good thing is that my dealer told me that they will change an upcoming stock order to my specification and keep the price to what we agreed back in Oct.

Not sure when it will get scheduled.

Is anyone here could help or give me the contacts for Ford management that could expedite the process? I think it is unfair for me to wait another 6 months to get a new truck, spend too much time waiting already... Sigh

That is what they told me, but feels like priority 01 means nothing until someone high up could step in, my previous order was 01 and take over 6 months to get built.... This really bad for Ford, I understand shit happens , but Ford should step up to make things right....

32 minutes ago, mgser8899 said:

That is what they told me, but feels like priority 01 means nothing until someone high up could step in, my previous order was 01 and take over 6 months to get built.... This really bad for Ford, I understand shit happens , but Ford should step up to make things right....

Why was your previous order a priority of 01?  That's unusual, as that is reserved for special circumstances like what happened to your Raptor.

1 hour ago, mgser8899 said:

My order was the first wave of Oct orders got scheduled and went into production since Early Feb with Blend date of 02/11 and stuck in production since then.

Just got a call from my dealer told me that my truck was totaled during transportation and can not be for sale anymore..

But good thing is that my dealer told me that they will change an upcoming stock order to my specification and keep the price to what we agreed back in Oct.

Not sure when it will get scheduled.

Is anyone here could help or give me the contacts for Ford management that could expedite the process? I think it is unfair for me to wait another 6 months to get a new truck, spend too much time waiting already... Sigh

When a vehicle is damaged in transit, Ford sends the Dealer written notice along with information on the extent of the damage, the determination on whether the vehicle can or will be repaired and then sent to the dealership, or whether the vehicle damage is beyond the threshold and will be repaired but sent to auction, or whether the vehicle is damaged beyond repair.

The Dealer should immediately re-order the vehicle and provide the new order information to their Ford Zone Manager along with the supporting information on the vehicle that needs to be replaced. The Ford Zone Manager will then contact the Regional Office Scheduler that will re-prioritize the order and take whatever steps necessary to expedite scheduling of the replacement vehicle. It's extremely rare that a retail order is damaged in transit and declared a complete loss but there are steps that can be taken, through the regional office, to expedite scheduling beyond the normal process. 

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

When a vehicle is damaged in transit, Ford sends the Dealer written notice along with information on the extent of the damage, the determination on whether the vehicle can or will be repaired and then sent to the dealership, or whether the vehicle damage is beyond the threshold and will be repaired but sent to auction, or whether the vehicle is damaged beyond repair.

The Dealer should immediately re-order the vehicle and provide the new order information to their Ford Zone Manager along with the supporting information on the vehicle that needs to be replaced. The Ford Zone Manager will then contact the Regional Office Scheduler that will re-prioritize the order and take whatever steps necessary to expedite scheduling of the replacement vehicle. It's extremely rare that a retail order is damaged in transit and declared a complete loss but there are steps that can be taken, through the regional office, to expedite scheduling beyond the normal process. 

Thank you, I will talk to my dealer, and Yes, my sales manager told me it is the first time he had a retail order with total loss.....

Edited by mgser8899
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, j2sys said:

Priority codes for retail orders are 10-19, 20-80 would be for dealer stock.  So you were at the lowest priority number for a customer order, but it sat there waiting to be scheduled.  Priority 10 only means so much if the dealer has many other priority 10 orders for the same model.

When your order was selected for scheduling, it would've been bumped to a priority 02.  The reason why is that 01 is reserved for rare instances like yours, where an order needs to be expedited above all other orders.  You've gotten good advice here to follow up with your dealer to get the replacement order expedited.

Orders don't have their priority code changed if and when they're selected for scheduling. Priority codes 01 and 02 are assigned by either the Ford regional office or Dearborn but it's not usually part of the process. 

All the 2022 Super Duty orders with 02 priority codes are an exception to the normal process due to the retail order volume and the many factors interrupting normal scheduling and production.