Production Week Scheduling Question

Denao_53

Can an order get submitted if a dealer doesn’t have any allocation?  I asked my dealer if they thought I could get scheduled this week for the May build week, but they don’t know what the region rep is going to give them.  I know I’m a priority 02 and the oldest order at the dealer. Can an order get submitted even if the dealer doesn’t have any allocations?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

Can an order get submitted if a dealer doesn’t have any allocation?  I asked my dealer if they thought I could get scheduled this week for the May build week, but they don’t know what the region rep is going to give them.  I know I’m a priority 02 and the oldest order at the dealer. Can an order get submitted even if the dealer doesn’t have any allocations?

Thanks 

Dealers can submit orders anytime the order banks are open. For scheduling, the dealer doesn't require allocations for COVP retail orders. As an example, my dealer just had 24 Super Dutys serialised last week. My F-450 was a priority 1 or 2 for almost 4-months before I got scheduled.

Even though they were scheduling for May, last week, I was scheduled for 1st April.

6 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Dealers can submit orders anytime the order banks are open. For scheduling, the dealer doesn't require allocations for COVP retail orders. As an example, my dealer just had 24 Super Dutys serialised last week. My F-450 was a priority 1 or 2 for almost 4-months before I got scheduled.

Even though they were scheduling for May, last week, I was scheduled for 1st April.

My dealer said they have no idea what the next allocation numbers will be. Said I'm still an 02 but there is nothing to do but wait.  My order is a COVP order (since August). 

13 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

Thanks 

Orders can be submitted as soon as the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. Allocation only relates to scheduling matters. Dealers know on a monthly basis what their regular or stock allocation is, and for which allocation weeks, as determined by the wholesale allocation agreement. The Ford Zone Manager does not determine when a Dealer's allocation is available once the wholesale allocation plan is completed each month. Allocation is usually spread out evenly throughout the upcoming scheduling weeks that are part of the wholesale allocation plan. 

Verified COVP orders qualify for incremental allocation and can be scheduled at any time, regardless of whether a Dealer has regular or stock allocation available. 

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Verified COVP orders qualify for incremental allocation and can be scheduled at any time, regardless of whether a Dealer has regular or stock allocation available. 

Can be scheduled but subject only to commodity/parts constraints, or are there other considerations that would prevent a verified COVP order from being scheduled as soon as it is possible? 

19 minutes ago, thekingprawn said:

Can be scheduled but subject only to commodity/parts constraints, or are there other considerations that would prevent a verified COVP order from being scheduled as soon as it is possible? 

There are a lot of factors involved in whether an order gets selected for scheduling... commodity restraints, microchip shortages, supplier issues, plant constraints, etc. 

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

There are a lot of factors involved in whether an order gets selected for scheduling... commodity restraints, microchip shortages, supplier issues, plant constraints, etc. 

So my analogy of yelling into a chasm and hoping a deity responds remains valid...lol.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ice

My dealer said their rep has no idea what their monthly allocation will be and didn't think they would get any April wholesale allocation , but since has thinks they will get allocation but has no idea what it will be.  Does this make sense?   If my order is a priority 02, does the dealer still have to submit the order, or will they only submit it if the commodity restraints report says the truck can get built. I've tried reading as much as possible, but it sounds like my order hasn't be submitted.  I do know it is a COVP order.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, akirby said:

Your order is already submitted and you’re at priority 2 and if that’s the lowest of all your dealer’s orders then your truck will be the first selected if and when allocation is available AND your truck is buildable.

The dealer has said they don’t believe there are any commodity issues. I guess now we just have to wait for allocation. Whenever that will be.

22 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

The dealer has said they don’t believe there are any commodity issues. I guess now we just have to wait for allocation. Whenever that will be.

Ford is having issues with 37 different suppliers.  They only publish the major items and it could be a different part every day or week.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ford is having issues with 37 different suppliers.  They only publish the major items and it could be a different part every day or week.  

I’m a bit confused understanding that the order is submitted. It’s not that I don’t believe you I’m just trying to understand what happens next. Does the dealer have to wait for the area rep to approve the order for the allocation based on if it can be built? Or do we just wait until until the factory picks up the order to build.  I’m just trying to understand how the process works once the order is submitted. Sorry I’m so obtuse ?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

I’m a bit confused understanding that the order is submitted. It’s not that I don’t believe you I’m just trying to understand what happens next. Does the dealer have to wait for the area rep to approve the order for the allocation based on if it can be built? Or do we just wait until until the factory picks up the order to build.  I’m just trying to understand how the process works once the order is submitted. Sorry I’m so obtuse ?

Thanks,

Dealers put in orders and set priority.  That’s the order bank.  Once a week Ford goes through and selects the vehicles to build in the next cycle which is usually a few weeks out,  If a dealer has 2 allocations that period Ford selects the ones with the numerically lowest priority that are buildable.  If parts aren’t available for your truck it gets skipped even if it’s first in line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

Thanks,

You will find lots of posts outlining the order to delivery process, on this and other forums. Here are a couple of relevant links on this and the FTE forum.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1673039-online-building-retail-ordering-ford-scheduling-and-production-delivery-tracking-and-window-sticker.html

Your dealer submits your order and Ford Corporate confirms the order. If your dealer correctly entered your email, you should receive a confirmation. If not, you can verify with Ford Marketing. It does not require any action from the dealer's regional manager. If it is a COVP retail order it does not require dealer allocations to be scheduled, as the dealer receives incremental allocations.

If your order is many months unscheduled, the dealer can contact their Regional Manager to request it be given priority 2, which would enhance the probability of being scheduled, but you also have to realise that many thousands of orders are priority 2. My F-450 was priority 2 for 4-months before I was scheduled.

9 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

You will find lots of posts outlining the order to delivery process, on this and other forums. Here are a couple of relevant links on this and the FTE forum.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1673039-online-building-retail-ordering-ford-scheduling-and-production-delivery-tracking-and-window-sticker.html

Your dealer submits your order and Ford Corporate confirms the order. If your dealer correctly entered your email, you should receive a confirmation. If not, you can verify with Ford Marketing. It does not require any action from the dealer's regional manager. If it is a COVP retail order it does not require dealer allocations to be scheduled, as the dealer receives incremental allocations.

If your order is many months unscheduled, the dealer can contact their Regional Manager to request it be given priority 2, which would enhance the probability of being scheduled, but you also have to realise that many thousands of orders are priority 2. My F-450 was priority 2 for 4-months before I was scheduled.

I have been priority 02 since December 9th  My order is a COVP.  I received my email conformation on August 11th. Like many others, I'm just frustrated.  I've been waiting going on 8 months and have idea if this will ever get built.  I'm supposed to be on the top of the list of their orders (of over 75).  

2 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

I have been priority 02 since December 9th  My order is a COVP.  I received my email conformation on August 11th. Like many others, I'm just frustrated.  I've been waiting going on 8 months and have idea if this will ever get built.  I'm supposed to be on the top of the list of their orders (of over 75).  

Has your dealer advised if your order is previewing, which is an indication you order is being considered. My dealer advised me that it was previewing last Tuesday, before it was finally scheduled on the Thursday.

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Has your dealer advised if your order is previewing, which is an indication you order is being considered. My dealer advised me that it was previewing last Tuesday, before it was finally scheduled on the Thursday.

Oddly enough, I got my VIN about an hour ago.It will be just over 9 months from when I ordered!

15 hours ago, akirby said:

Dealers put in orders and set priority.  That’s the order bank.  Once a week Ford goes through and selects the vehicles to build in the next cycle which is usually a few weeks out,  If a dealer has 2 allocations that period Ford selects the ones with the numerically lowest priority that are buildable.  If parts aren’t available for your truck it gets skipped even if it’s first in line.

Just got my VIN today!!!

4 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

Thanks!  I did.  My scheduled build week is May 16.  Almost 9 months to the day from conception....I mean when  I ordered:)

When it gets closer you start checking the tracker for it switching to "In Production" and for the Window Sticker to be published.

My Window Sticker should be available today or tomorrow, so I'll be checking a few times?

Both of us can now see a light at the end of the very long tunnel. Hoping for mine to be delivered May/June.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, ice-capades said:

Orders can be submitted as soon as the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. Allocation only relates to scheduling matters. Dealers know on a monthly basis what their regular or stock allocation is, and for which allocation weeks, as determined by the wholesale allocation agreement. The Ford Zone Manager does not determine when a Dealer's allocation is available once the wholesale allocation plan is completed each month. Allocation is usually spread out evenly throughout the upcoming scheduling weeks that are part of the wholesale allocation plan. 

I’ve seen all these comments about the COVP orders. When I was talking to my dealer they told me I was COVP, but will still only get scheduled on Thursday’s. But based off this forum post I’m assuming they aren’t doing the COVP orders correctly if they only have trucks getting scheduled on Thursdays?

29 minutes ago, MedTJ3 said:

I’ve seen all these comments about the COVP orders. When I was talking to my dealer they told me I was COVP, but will still only get scheduled on Thursday’s. But based off this forum post I’m assuming they aren’t doing the COVP orders correctly if they only have trucks getting scheduled on Thursdays?

The Dealer obviously doesn't know or aware that COVP orders are scheduled at times other than Thursday's. 

• Like 1

My dealer is either a) not in tune with the procedure and protocols or b) lazy and doesn’t want to give me information.

how, other than my dealer, can I verify my order is COVP? Can or Will Ford customer service tell me based upon my order and sales code?

• Like 1