Dealer advised I won't ever see my 22 SD

nickqw14

I ordered a 2022 Lariat F350 on 02/03/22 with all the low commodity options. I called the dealership the other day to see if they could give me an update on current priority code and where I fall in their queue. Salesman was worthless and said they didn't have access to that info which I know is BS. Long story short he said he if I don't remove the low commodity options from my order than I won't be getting it. Spending as much as I am on this truck I'm not willing to compromise with options so I guess we shall see. Just annoyed that they get to hold on to my $2500 deposit for 6-8 months until the order gets cancelled. And I know there's a lot of you out there that have been waiting much longer that may not get a truck either, bummer!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nickqw14 said:

I ordered a 2022 Lariat F350 on 02/03/22 with all the low commodity options. I called the dealership the other day to see if they could give me an update on current priority code and where I fall in their queue. Salesman was worthless and said they didn't have access to that info which I know is BS. Long story short he said he if I don't remove the low commodity options from my order than I won't be getting it. Spending as much as I am on this truck I'm not willing to compromise with options so I guess we shall see. Just annoyed that they get to hold on to my $2500 deposit for 6-8 months until the order gets cancelled. And I know there's a lot of you out there that have been waiting much longer that may not get a truck either, bummer!

So, stop wasting your time with the sales representative and talk directly to the sales managers. Ask him how many unscheduled retail orders are ahead of you, what your priority code is, etc. If not done previously, make sure that your e-mail is attached in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and that your order information, signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License was uploaded to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) so that your order qualifies for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Make the Dealer do their job! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

So, stop wasting your time with the sales representative and talk directly to the sales managers. Ask him how many unscheduled retail orders are ahead of you, what your priority code is, etc. If not done previously, make sure that your e-mail is attached in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and that your order information, signed Buyer's Order and Driver's License was uploaded to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) so that your order qualifies for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Make the Dealer do their job! 

Good point, I'll try asking for a sales manager. And yes I did get the order submission email and they did upload my DL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, winkzoot said:

Are all the dealers in your area requiring a deposit. When asking around about half of the ones near me did and the other half did not. I went with one that did not. 

I'm not sure, I bought my wife's Explorer ST from this dealer and had a reasonably decent experience so I just decided to go there again. But every person I've talked to thus far gives me different information. The original sales guy told me I couldn't make any changes to my order at all once it was submitted even if I wanted to remove low commodity items which I knew wasn't right. 

I’ve had an order in since last July for a Lariat SD and I finally had to drop the fifth wheel prep and BAP a couple of months ago in order to get scheduled. It’s a bummer since I wanted both, but I want the truck more. See if you can drop some things to get it moving. I traded my truck in last year so it’s been a painful wait not having a truck. 

29 minutes ago, cc121 said:

I’ve had an order in since last July for a Lariat SD and I finally had to drop the fifth wheel prep and BAP a couple of months ago in order to get scheduled. It’s a bummer since I wanted both, but I want the truck more. See if you can drop some things to get it moving. I traded my truck in last year so it’s been a painful wait not having a truck. 

Ouch! Yeah I still have my current truck that I don't hate (14 Ram 3500), just wanted to upgrade but if I am upgrading I'm not going to settle at all. If it never comes it then I wasn't met to swap to a Ford hahaha

23 hours ago, nickqw14 said:

I ordered in August of last year with low commodity options. And, like you, wanted to just wait it out.  Nothing.  I finally decided to drop some stuff.  My rep told me he couldn't because of the priority it was at.  I had to quote @ice-capades to him and, after that, he was able to get things changed. Two weeks later I was scheduled.  Sadly, if you wait, you may not get your truck.  Plenty of after market options for everything but the AS really.

• Like 1

I too am in limbo.    I don't have a lot of confidence that my truck will be built.   It would really be a bad situation to wait 6 months or more just to find out that it won't be built and you either have to start all over or cut your losses and move on to another brand.

9 hours ago, nickqw14 said:

I just got an update from cyberdman that I am still priority 19 after 2 months. Definitely losing faith haha. 

I was 19 on my initial order placed in June.  That truck still was not scheduled and I received the mass email last week saying it was delayed.

I also was 19 on my second order placed on 11/20 and it was scheduled for 4/28.  

7 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

I was 19 on my initial order placed in June.  That truck still was not scheduled and I received the mass email last week saying it was delayed.

I also was 19 on my second order placed on 11/20 and it was scheduled for 4/28.  

We’re both trucks the exact same?

The June order was:

F350 SCSB 6.7, Lariat value, tail gate step, spray liner, AS, fifth prep, rapid heat, rain sensing wipers, upfitter switches, 4x4, FX4, Lariat sport, 3.55 locking, UTP, wheel liners, 20" rims, block heater

The November order was:

F250 CCSB, 6.7, Lariat ultimate, tail gate step, AC, fifth prep, rapid heat, rain sensing, Lariat sport, upfitter switches, 4x4, fX4, LED headlamps, 3.55 locking, HCTTP, wheel well liners, 20" rims, block heater, trailer TPMS/cam

I figured that I had a better shot getting the 250 built even with the hitch prep option vs the F350.  The first dealer was a tool and refused to remove the spray liner and the AS.  Both ordered with X plan pricing.