Stupid Question Alert About Norfolk Tracking

CBears

So, got my train car number. Used the Norfolk Southern tracking phone service. My new favorite thing to do by the way. Most recent status was “departed on flat car”. Does anyone know what that means?  I’ve got a mental image of my poor truck sitting on one of those flat train cars covered in hobos and graffiti while the train flings things at it at 80 mph for 800 miles.  ?

Anyone know for sure what this means?  Are the trucks in some sort of shipping container or something?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by CBears

Maybe it is the new Ford program to ease the assembly backlog, they just ship you the frame first and all the other pieces and parts follow for you to put it together yourself like Ikea furniture.  Actually, the Johnny Cash song "One Piece at a Time" could very well be more accurate.  All we can do is try to keep a positive attitude considering everything we have been through

2022-03-30_11-13-29.png.df6ef3db4c5f32811128bab68b3d4a8a.png

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:01 PM, MFord said:

Just need Norfolk to send my truck. Last day of my window and nothing yet. Still shows an ETA of my last window date. Womp womp…

I've been trying to figure out how to get NS to track my order for days.