No Rebates on Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX

Is it me or does the Edge seem a little pricey? I don't have an issue with the price, but I wonder how this segment is suppose to be priced. This seems a little high for a 5 seater. The Freestyle is priced similarly.

It's at least $2K less than a comparably equipped Murano, it's closest competitor, even at MSRP. And it outperforms the Murano.

The Murano is typically conisdered ridiculously over-priced, and I don't think the same can be said about the Edge. However Ford is traditionally retisent about scaling the price by adding so many features. I am shocked that the Edge is available with some of the optional equipment it has, such as the vista roof. I'm also surprised it's not available in cheaper form, with a smaller engine. If Ford didn't have the Escape, I wonder how they would have changed their strategy with the Edge. Personally, I think Ford would have been better off getting the Edge in the $22,500 base MSRP. I am delighted that Ford has made the Edge packed with features, I'm only questioning whether Ford can sell such a car at this MSRP once the hype has died down.

Since is the first savior of Ford like all other products in the first year of production no rebates or cuts will be taken off the price. I doubt that A-plan will be an option for at least six months after sales begin, that would be along the lines of the first escape and mustang.

I thought you could always order an A-plan vehicle, you just couldn't buy them off the lot if the dealer didn't want to give you the price.

Was it different with the Mustang and Escape?

There is no difference between ordering and taking one off the lot - that's up to the dealer.

There are very few models that Ford says are not eligible for A/X/Z plan. Here is the current list:

Current excluded vehicles include Ford GT, Shelby 500 GT, Jaguar XK (2007), Volvo C70, F-450 through F-750 Super Duty, E-450 and Aston Martin vehicles. This list of excluded vehicles is subject to change.

However, it's totally up to the dealer whether they sell you a vehicle on A/X/Z plan or not. Most dealers would not do X plan on a Mustang GT until recently because they were selling all they could get at MSRP.

If dealers are selling the Edge and MKX as fast as they can get them for close to MSRP then you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to do A plan (or X plan), and you can hardly blame them unless you're a long time customer.

There is no difference between ordering and taking one off the lot - that's up to the dealer.

There are very few models that Ford says are not eligible for A/X/Z plan. Here is the current list:

However, it's totally up to the dealer whether they sell you a vehicle on A/X/Z plan or not. Most dealers would not do X plan on a Mustang GT until recently because they were selling all they could get at MSRP.

If dealers are selling the Edge and MKX as fast as they can get them for close to MSRP then you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to do A plan (or X plan), and you can hardly blame them unless you're a long time customer.

When will we know if the Edge or MKX are on the excluded list? As long as they are not excluded I can find a dealer to order me one.

Is it me or does the Edge seem a little pricey? I don't have an issue with the price, but I wonder how this segment is suppose to be priced. This seems a little high for a 5 seater. The Freestyle is priced similarly.

The Murano is typically conisdered ridiculously over-priced, and I don't think the same can be said about the Edge. However Ford is traditionally retisent about scaling the price by adding so many features. I am shocked that the Edge is available with some of the optional equipment it has, such as the vista roof. I'm also surprised it's not available in cheaper form, with a smaller engine. If Ford didn't have the Escape, I wonder how they would have changed their strategy with the Edge. Personally, I think Ford would have been better off getting the Edge in the $22,500 base MSRP. I am delighted that Ford has made the Edge packed with features, I'm only questioning whether Ford can sell such a car at this MSRP once the hype has died down.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I didn't put him up to it either boys. He's smart enough to come to the conclusion that the damn thing is overpriced all on his own. Now Edgey is a far more tactfull a person than I. He presented the point while still trying to do it in a way that doesn't invite the wrath of Richie and Zana and on and on around here. So you guys have thus far given him a pass. Where as if it were me with the usual bull in a china shop method you'd be cursing me up and down. But in the end the resulting message from both of us is the same. The damn thing is overpriced as is it's competition and I don't know about Edgy but I think that will result in it not being the stellar sales performer that Ford and many of you around here are banking on.

Edited by Sixcav