2023 SD Order Guide Out Yet??

• ice-capades changed the title to 2023 SD Order Guide Out Yet??
52 minutes ago, HeavyAssault said:

Anyone seen or heard about the expected release date??  Seems odd the "order books" should be open, yet no order guide.  Guess they have pushed back the order openings??

The 2023 Super Duty Order Guide will be available on or about 10/27/2022 when the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is expected to open.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74010-2023-super-duty-production-information/

41 minutes ago, CharlieKelley said:

Not being familiar with vehicle sales, it seems odd to me as well. But, it sounds like releasing the order guide on the same day that orders are first received is pretty common.

It's the longstanding practice for Ford to release the order guides and open the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) at the same time. There are times when the order guide is released as scheduled but the USOB opening is delayed slightly due to technical issues configuring the final vehicle specifications and pricing in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CharlieKelley said:

Not being familiar with vehicle sales, it seems odd to me as well. But, it sounds like releasing the order guide on the same day that orders are first received is pretty common.

Up until recently 95% of orders were dealer stock so there was no urgency to get orders in quickly and there was rarely people lined up to place orders.  And the order guide is not made public by Ford.

• Like 1

IMO, if you want a 23…The best thing you can do today is to find a dealer with allotment to sell, agree on a price for the 23’ and place an order with them for the 27th order bank open.

It gets you in line, and price protects your order…which we KNOW will probably see at least two increases before the truck is built. 

I ordered a 23’ 350 Limited at X plan, and will be price protected. I don’t want to give up my current truck even though the value is extremely high. I’m not expecting the new truck until summer of 23 at the earliest…

We will re-visit trade value of my 2020 Limited when the new truck arrives. 

Edited by George C

I talked to a local Ford Dealer here in Maine today. Told him Im ordering a 2023 F250 Lariat on the 27/28th and will be looking to use my X Plan benefit and need to Price Lock. He told me they accept all the Ford plans including X but “Ford is not doing Price Locks”.

Hmmm………anyone ?

1 hour ago, HeavyAssault said:

The Order Guides are always out there, and have been for quite awhile now easily since 2006.  If not even earlier than that time frame. 

Last I saw the 2023 Order Banks were 17 OCT.  Thank you @ice-capades

The 2023 Super Duty USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is due to open on 10/27/2022 per the latest timeline released from Ford.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74010-2023-super-duty-production-information/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

I talked to a local Ford Dealer here in Maine today. Told him Im ordering a 2023 F250 Lariat on the 27/28th and will be looking to use my X Plan benefit and need to Price Lock. He told me they accept all the Ford plans including X but “Ford is not doing Price Locks”.

Hmmm………anyone ?

@ice-capades any thoughts on this X Plan without allowing a Price Lock ? Should I look for another dealer ?

23 minutes ago, EastMark said:

@ice-capades any thoughts on this X Plan without allowing a Price Lock ? Should I look for another dealer ?

Ford's longstanding (decades) price protection has always been automatic and applicable to all retail sales types. A/X/Z/D Plan retail sales require that the Dealer submit a form to Ford. Price protection is an internal accounting adjustment between Ford and the Dealer. Price protection applies to retail customer orders from the original order date. It applies to the current Model Year only It does not apply or carry over from orders originally placed in the previous Model Year. Lately, Ford has been providing cash incentives to customers with unscheduled retail orders that were not scheduled the previous Model Year to compensate customers for price increases. These incentives are available only on select models with all information disclosed to Dealers.  

Ford should post a notice to Dealers should there be any specific information related to price protection including information related to applicable changes, should there be any.

A Dealer telling a customer that it won't honor Ford's price protection policy is not a Dealer I'd want to do business with. The price protection doesn't cost the Dealer anything and if they're telling you they won't honor it, they're telling you up front that they're going to charge you as much as they can get away with and increase their profits at your expense. Not a good way to start a business relationship! 

• Like 3

Exactly my gut reaction @ice-capades ! In fact I already had reached out to another Ford dealer (next closest) and the sales guy said he is pretty sure they lock all X Plan orders pricing. I told him to confirm and call me tomorrow after he has a firm answer. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EastMark said:

Exactly my gut reaction @ice-capades ! In fact I already had reached out to another Ford dealer (next closest) and the sales guy said he is pretty sure they lock all X Plan orders pricing. I told him to confirm and call me tomorrow after he has a firm answer. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

The Dealer doesn't have to do anything to lock in the price protection as it's automatic. It's a matter of them honoring the Ford price protection policy. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Dealer doesn't have to do anything to lock in the price protection as it's automatic. It's a matter of them honoring the Ford price protection policy. 

His statement felt like a red flag and confusing to me. I didn’t challenge it at that point since I was unsure and had time to investigate. I sure don't want to get it placed and find out its not with the most transparent dealer. Very Thankful for your help here.

We will be well prepared. We are sitting down with the 22 Order Guide and nailing it down page by page this weekend. The only thing unknown is any 23 changes or unavailable 23 options which we will solve on the 27th.

So when I settle on who to place it with….upon sitting with them on the 27th they should key my truck order into the Ford WBDO system on the 27th while I am there….the total 23 pricing will be revealed by the system and locked by the X Plan form by the signed by both parties at that time….and then some amount of deposit will seal it.  ?  

Am I understanding that correctly ? Sorry for all these questions. Thanks to this forum I feel like I just dodged a bullet !

Mark

Last I knew about the A/X/Z/D plans they ARE locked in prices.  Ford dealers accepting the order (vehicle purchase) under those plans already agree to the pricing.  IF a dealer doesn't want to sell under the A/X/Z/D plan pricing they don't have to.

Any other "price protection" agreement is purely at the discretion of the dealer.  

The best thing is to get on an X-plan PIN (or whatever plan) find a dealer that will honor the Ford Plans, build out your truck, and wait till it comes in.  I've done it plenty of times.

2 hours ago, HeavyAssault said:

Last I knew about the A/X/Z/D plans they ARE locked in prices.  Ford dealers accepting the order (vehicle purchase) under those plans already agree to the pricing.  IF a dealer doesn't want to sell under the A/X/Z/D plan pricing they don't have to.

Any other "price protection" agreement is purely at the discretion of the dealer.  

The best thing is to get on an X-plan PIN (or whatever plan) find a dealer that will honor the Ford Plans, build out your truck, and wait till it comes in.  I've done it plenty of times.

Thats all true with the exception of a mid order Ford price increase.  The MSRP and A/Z/D/X prices will change but the dealer gets reimbursed for the difference.  That’s why it’s crucial to get the actual selling price documented at order time whether it’s MSRP or a plan sale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EastMark said:

His statement felt like a red flag and confusing to me. I didn’t challenge it at that point since I was unsure and had time to investigate. I sure don't want to get it placed and find out its not with the most transparent dealer. Very Thankful for your help here.

We will be well prepared. We are sitting down with the 22 Order Guide and nailing it down page by page this weekend. The only thing unknown is any 23 changes or unavailable 23 options which we will solve on the 27th.

So when I settle on who to place it with….upon sitting with them on the 27th they should key my truck order into the Ford WBDO system on the 27th while I am there….the total 23 pricing will be revealed by the system and locked by the X Plan form by the signed by both parties at that time….and then some amount of deposit will seal it.  ?  

Am I understanding that correctly ? Sorry for all these questions. Thanks to this forum I feel like I just dodged a bullet !

Mark

If the WBDO allows you to enter that order on the 27th then yes that’s the process.  If not then you have to wait until February to enter the order.  Just depends on how Ford decides to handle it.

Great info. Im ordering a F250 Lariat so it will likely be Job 1 unless its effected by what they say is some limits on options which would take it to Build 2. 

At this point....first brand new truck ever and expensive as you know so Im ok to wait to get what I want on most of it. We have it pretty optioned...so that could happen !

Good point.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:05 AM, akirby said:

Thats all true with the exception of a mid order Ford price increase.  The MSRP and A/Z/D/X prices will change but the dealer gets reimbursed for the difference.  That’s why it’s crucial to get the actual selling price documented at order time whether it’s MSRP or a plan sale.

@akirby its been mentioned elsewhere that pricing may not be available when the USOB opens on 27 Oct.  I will be using the A-Plan to order my XLT or Lariat 350.  Do you expect that A/Z/D/X plan prices will be available when the USOB opens even if MSRPs are not available?  If they arent available and you place your order how would you be able to lock in a price.

As always, thank you for your response and insights.

1 hour ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

@akirby its been mentioned elsewhere that pricing may not be available when the USOB opens on 27 Oct.  I will be using the A-Plan to order my XLT or Lariat 350.  Do you expect that A/Z/D/X plan prices will be available when the USOB opens even if MSRPs are not available?  If they arent available and you place your order how would you be able to lock in a price.

I’m not the expert here - that’s ice-capades - but there is no such thing as MSRP without plan pricing.  Pricing is pricing and it’s either all available or nothing.

I would be surprised if they allow orders without pricing.  But whenever pricing becomes available and your order is placed you are locked in by Ford automatically.  The dealer knows the process.  Just make sure they give you the A plan pricing as soon as it’s available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyvaughan2011 said:

It's rare that the order guides are released and pricing not available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. I've only seen that happen once or twice and the pricing was available a few days later, a week at most. I didn't try to submit an order at the time so I can't say for certain if WBDO would have allowed me to do so. 

A/X/Z/D Plan pricing is always available along with the MSRP and Dealer Invoice in the WBDO system. The Dealer must select the option to display the Plan pricing as shown in the images I'm including here. 

The Dealer needs to attach your e-mail address to the order in WBDO, prioritize the order (10-19) with 10 being the most desirable and then submit your Driver's License, a signed Buyer's Order and the order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to register your retail order for verification. 

WBDO_Plan Price Display_Selection.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

47 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's rare that the order guides are released and pricing not available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. I've only seen that happen once or twice and the pricing was available a few days later, a week at most. I didn't try to submit an order at the time so I can't say for certain if WBDO would have allowed me to do so. 

A/X/Z/D Plan pricing is always available along with the MSRP and Dealer Invoice in the WBDO system. The Dealer must select the option to display the Plan pricing as shown in the images I'm including here. 

The Dealer needs to attach your e-mail address to the order in WBDO, prioritize the order (10-19) with 10 being the most desirable and then submit your Driver's License, a signed Buyer's Order and the order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to register your retail order for verification.  

WBDO_Plan Price Display_Selection.jpg

WBDO_Plan Price Display.jpg

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

This is exactly what my dealer said.. They have a copy of my drivers license, obviously my email, and I will have to sign papers for the order to be accepted. I will have price protection and XPlan.

The last early order I made that is similar to this situation was for my 2003 Lariat LE. I waited until the Job 2 changeover for the newly introduced 6.0 diesel. When the truck finally came in 6 months later, I paid full invoice upon delivery, and then received three separate checks from my dealer for over $1700 worth of price protection. There were three price increases during the gap from order to delivery. I would bet the same with the 2023, and probably in the realm of 2-3K in increases.

IMO and experience, anyone looking to order a 2023 will be doing themselves a favor by acting fast. 
They are telling me 1 year. They are also telling me that production of high liners starts in April.. and anything can happen.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

That would be really great since its my first time ordering a truck.

2 Questions…..F250 Lariat

.is it possible to order the sway bar for towing without the package that has it with the overload springs and stiffer front shocks ?

.is it possible to get the center console shifter like I have now on my 2016 F150 Lariat ?