Saving Alarm Settings?

stevenc

The dog is often touching off the alarm when she jumps from back seat to front.  Seems straight forward to disable the interior motion sensors & choose “perimeter only” via the alarm settings, but…. does Ford expect me to go through this on every trip?  Every time I get back in the truck, the setting change does not seem to have been saved.  I realize I can also choose to prompt on exit, but I find that to be equally annoying to have to think about every trip.

Am I missing something?  thanks 

BE44D588-8640-4C06-BB81-B217172BFD9F.jpeg

• ice-capades changed the title to Saving Alarm Settings?

I got used to doing it with my 2015 F150 where it was second nature.  I usually leave the side windows cracked during the summer and there was a few times a bug or gust of wind set off the alarm.  Would have liked to set perimeter only as a default but got pretty used to 'ask on exit'.  Two key strokes:  'Set Perimeter Only' and 'OK'.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

The system resets on the next key cycle.

After some more reading that seems to be the case.   Is what it is, I guess… although the logic is lost on me.

17 hours ago, PineNut said:

'Set Perimeter Only' and 'OK'.

This makes me think that something is still not functioning correctly.  I am not able to move to or toggle the “ok” button as shown below (it is always greyed out),  so am I ever really selecting anything?

B2B39E91-0172-4CE6-BFB3-E0622C698A90.jpeg

58 minutes ago, stevenc said:

This makes me think that something is still not functioning correctly.  I am not able to move to or toggle the “ok” button as shown below (it is always greyed out),  so am I ever really selecting anything?

It’s just telling you to hit the OK button on the steering wheel to make your selection.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

You don’t select ok on the screen.  You hit the ok button on the steering wheel.

The concern/confusion for me is that this prompt does not respond similar to anything else.   Every other message screen such as blind spot, trailer disconnected, etc. immediately disappears when you press the ok button on the steering wheel.  That does not happen for the alarm settings.  The OK button will toggle your alarm choice setting to blue indicating you’ve selected it, but that is all.   I can hit OK once or ten more times & the alarm screen prompt remains… it just times out on its own before closing. 

1 hour ago, stevenc said:

The concern/confusion for me is that this prompt does not respond similar to anything else.   Every other message screen such as blind spot, trailer disconnected, etc. immediately disappears when you press the ok button on the steering wheel.  That does not happen for the alarm settings.  The OK button will toggle your alarm choice setting to blue indicating you’ve selected it, but that is all.   I can hit OK once or ten more times & the alarm screen prompt remains… it just times out on its own before closing. 

Exactly