Ford Mustang V8 Will Be Offered As Long As Possible

Ford will continue to offer V-8 Mustangs as long as the sales volume justifies doing so. They'll price those V-8 model Mustangs accordingly and raise prices on a continuing basis to offset the decline in sales to compensate. Back in the mid 80's, dealerships could count on one hand the number of GT's they could get in an entire Model Year. Customers that required a GT paid the price which increased on a regular basis.  

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

Eventually, I hope the expectation for massive noise coming from the power plant will go away as function eventually wins over form. 

That can't come soon enough, whether for pony cars, motorcycles, or any other motor vehicle category as they transition to 100% electric propulsion.

While we wait for that transition to be complete, there's a lot of business opportunity for automakers and aftermarket companies alike to come up with products "for creating unique EV sounds" as DeluxeStang mentioned earlier in this thread.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

If they’re not made by the engine in the vehicle they’re fake just like Milli Vanilli. ?

Or fake just like truck nuts and simulated woodgrain. I think electronic fake engine noises on EVs will end up like those simulated products did and that's nothing more than a good joke or meme. If the engine isn't making the noise it's absolutely pointless and laughable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Back in the mid 80's, dealerships could count on one hand the number of GT's they could get in an entire Model Year. Customers that required a GT paid the price which increased on a regular basis.  

The situation nowadays for pony and muscle cars is more like the early to mid 1970s, when the golden age for that vehicle segment came to an end.

In the current regulatory environment, the CEO of Stellantis brand Dodge, Tim Kuniskis, said that without BEV the pony/muscle car segment will "fall off the cliff".

I’m super excited about the future of electric because I think it’s what’s going to allow us to not fall off the cliff. Without that technology, without electrification, this is 1972 right now. This thing is going to end.