2024 F-150 Reveal Thread

7 hours ago, Rick73 said:

Did you see the part where I stated “provided engine displacement is ideal to minimize fuel 

None of this really matters since 3.3L is gone, and buyers who prefer NA engines are essentially left with 5.0L V8.  I’m not counting 5.2L.

You can’t because it comes only with a big stonking Supercharger on it now ? 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

You can’t because it comes only with a big stonking Supercharger on it now ? 

Yeah, at a personal level, I can’t relate to that extreme any more than opposite extreme of wanting a vehicle that requires standing still for over 30 minutes while it charges.  Like most buyers, the middle ground works just fine for me.  Not critiquing extremes, just not my thing.

Edited by Rick73

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 8:02 PM, DeluxeStang said:

Some people are just never pleased. I saw some comments on a YouTube vid of how getting rid of the 3.3 in favor of the 2.7 was a big mistake. Claiming they didn't want an unreliable turbocharged engine, tell me you know nothing about cars without telling me you know nothing about cars. 

Someone else was bitching about the new looks. People are so predictable these days. I think they nailed it. 

If you don't like or trust a turbo get the 5.0 V8. I would assume except for a single cab or SuperCab 4x2 the 3.3 NA V6 had to be underpowered.

Edited by 2005Explorer