2024 F-150 Reveal Thread

12 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Not bad, nothing crazy, just some small improvements here and there. Was a bit surprised to see Farley wasn't there.

Didn't want to give Fain any ammo of you don't care about your workers you're presenting at a product revel when you should be at the Table BS.

Also 90% simplification of ordering is going to be difficult for some customers as they are paying for features they don't want because they are now standard or in a package and they only want one thing. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 2

Some people are just never pleased. I saw some comments on a YouTube vid of how getting rid of the 3.3 in favor of the 2.7 was a big mistake. Claiming they didn't want an unreliable turbocharged engine, tell me you know nothing about cars without telling me you know nothing about cars. 

Someone else was bitching about the new looks. People are so predictable these days. I think they nailed it. 

• Like 3

Both 12” screens now standard on all trims is nice. I hope that trend continues with other models. Tailgate is cool. I prefer the ridgeline’s design better, but this is far better than all the others. New front end is way better than before. Was hoping to see the rumored lobo. Nice refresh, just wish ford wouldn’t have let the cat out of the bag a month early. 

25 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

I saw some comments on a YouTube vid of how getting rid of the 3.3 in favor of the 2.7 was a big mistake. Claiming they didn't want an unreliable turbocharged engine, tell me you know nothing about cars without telling me you know nothing about cars. 

I agree; I think getting rid of the NA V6 is a mistake, but calling the 2.7 unreliable is just dumb.

Edited by SoonerLS
Edited for clarity
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Both 12” screens now standard on all trims is nice. I hope that trend continues with other models. Tailgate is cool. I prefer the ridgeline’s design better, but this is far better than all the others. New front end is way better than before. Was hoping to see the rumored lobo. Nice refresh, just wish ford wouldn’t have let the cat out of the bag a month early. 

Whats better about the Ridgeline design?

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

Whats better about the Ridgeline design?

I like that the whole tailgate can swing open or down. I think it has a limited weight capacity though so probably wouldn’t work as good on a full size. 

I personally will pass on any of these new tailgates the big three have made. $1000+ isn’t worth it to me. I was fine with ford’s $300 step in the old tailgate. But it’s good ford is offering something to rival the competition. Obviously there is a market for it.

Edited by T-dubz

1 hour ago, SoonerLS said:

I agree; I think getting rid of the NA V6 is a mistake, but calling the 2.7 unreliable is just dumb.

It seems like very few people bought the 3.3, and if it was anything like the 3.5/3.7 duratecs, then it was a reliable, but underpowered engine for truck duty. Power figures of 300 hp or so aren't bad in a crossover or sedan. But for a large, heavy truck that's asked to haul and tow things around frequently, I could see how it could struggle.

The 2.7 is a rocketship by comparison, if they can switch to it without massively increasing the price, then that's a pretty big win. 

43 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

The 2.7 is a rocketship by comparison, if they can switch to it without massively increasing the price, then that's a pretty big win. 

The Fast Lane Truck video mentioned starting cost for XL with 2.7L EB at $35,800 if I recall correctly, and he said it was $2,000 higher than previous F-150 with 3.3L V6.  Obviously, we don’t know how much of $2,000 higher price is engine related versus other improvements, inflation, etc.  If buyer doesn’t want turbos (and many don’t) they can always choose the 5.0L V8.

7 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

It seems like very few people bought the 3.3, and if it was anything like the 3.5/3.7 duratecs, then it was a reliable, but underpowered engine for truck duty. Power figures of 300 hp or so aren't bad in a crossover or sedan. But for a large, heavy truck that's asked to haul and tow things around frequently, I could see how it could struggle.

I bet the only folks buying the 3.3 were fleet buyers looking for the absolute lowest cost.

BTW that base XL MSRP is only $1K less than the price of my 2018 loaded XLT with the 3.5Leb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick73 said:

If buyer doesn’t want turbos (and many don’t) they can always choose the 5.0L V8.

The XL comes standard with the 5.0, otherwise its an option.

Couple other comments-so this whole push about making Hybrids was nothing more then the press making a mountain out of a molehill(so far)-Ford said they wanted to increase Powerboost 3.5L sales from 10% to 20% take rate, but the Powerboost 3.5L is only on the 3 highest trim levels also, so I guess we won't see a Maverick hybrid availability issue either.