New Jersey to Require 35% Electric Vehicle Sales by 2026

silvrsvt

On 12/7/2023 at 4:44 PM, silvrsvt said:

Its low lying fruit that is an "easy" change to make vs other issues like airline travel or other things.

Have to look at it holistically vs just laser focusing on the EV parts (which would actually help in some situations with the power grid)

I'm sure the same was said by people when CAFE and Clean Air act where enabled, but just maybe a little bit less policial spin on things by publications. 

true...and I think its great we are basically lectured to by individuals that literally Fly personal Jets to summits to preach what we should and shouldnt do with such a basic necessity called travel....( the hookers are just icing ) 

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2023 at 1:28 PM, rmc523 said:

In other words, it'll be on the roads in 7-10 years.

Funny ? 

Various analyst believe Tesla need to have the lower-cost higher-volume new model some time in 2025, or 2026 at the latest.  IMO their stock value may depend on it since analyst will not likely give them 7~10 years to come out with another high-profit vehicle.

Most of Tesla volume comes from Models 3 and Y which I expect must account for much of their income since Models S and X are now low volume, and new Cybertruck isn’t expected to sell in large quantities either due to high price (though margins could be much higher for these three models).

Also, while Texas is to get first production, it has been reported that Berlin will also manufacture the new Tesla, presumably for European market where there is more competition for that size BEV.  Starting out in Texas makes sense for other reasons as well IMO.