Ford accidentally overstated the power ratings on the 21 & 22 7.3 by 15hp..(oops, here is 100 dollars, my bad)

20240104_193550.thumb.jpg.fd39f0089437e6946a5ed6037f92e84a.jpgHow is ford getting away with this selling trucks and giving out the wrong horsepower and wrong towing capacities, wrong cargo capacity, ect ect.... And then in the end all they have to do is say oops sorry customers... You're customer loyalty it's very important to us.

There's no way Ford didn't know the actual horse power of something they were sending out, they knew it! They lied to boost thier numbers and look better on paper...

The more these companies get away with doing this stuff, the more they're going to keep doing it.

If I was chevrolet or dodge my new slogan would be..

" We may not be the number one selling truck in America. But at least we don't consistently Lie to our customers every year"???

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 10:06 AM, fordmantpw said:

Looks like it's only on the commercial vehicles, which have to be rated at a certain RPM, not the max value.  They just grabbed the value at the wrong RPM.

Nope, got it for my 2022 Lariat I traded in.  In the end, it really would have a little effect on actual usage, but their solution is bullshit and really was false advertising. The value they should be returning to the customer should be the cost it would take to extract 15 more horsepower out of the motor, because that’s what people thought they bought.

On 1/4/2024 at 6:51 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

20240104_193550.thumb.jpg.fd39f0089437e6946a5ed6037f92e84a.jpgHow is ford getting away with this selling trucks and giving out the wrong horsepower and wrong towing capacities, wrong cargo capacity, ect ect.... And then in the end all they have to do is say oops sorry customers... You're customer loyalty it's very important to us.

There's no way Ford didn't know the actual horse power of something they were sending out, they knew it! They lied to boost thier numbers and look better on paper...

The more these companies get away with doing this stuff, the more they're going to keep doing it.

If I was chevrolet or dodge my new slogan would be..

" We may not be the number one selling truck in America. But at least we don't consistently Lie to our customers every year"???

While I’m not happy about this either, the other manufacturers are no angels, such as Ram's pending diesel emissions issue, or GM’s incorrect trailering information. You don’t have to dig very hard to find other issues.