23/24 Super Duty "Auto Hold" feature, anyone?

I picked up my '24 Platinum last night and am trying to find a feature that the manual claims may be there.  "Auto Hold", once you come to a stop it holds the brake so you can take your foot off. I got used to this feature on my '21 F150 and would like to use it. The manual DOES mention it "if equipped" and I'd be surprised if it weren't included on a Platinum by default, but I can't find the setting. I'm resisting the obvious answer though.

Auto Hold (If Equipped) - Switching Auto Hold On and Off (fordservicecontent.com)

Anyone here have it and know the setting I'm looking for? I thought I'd check here before I gave up hope. Thanks!

8 hours ago, akirby said:

image.thumb.png.d31e06a77a28af121de273771f980040.png

I'm honestly confused if this was a "RTFM" type of response or what. That's the exact page I pasted a link to and referenced in my original question.

Based on that blurb it seems like I should easily find it, right? It's just not there. I was hoping for a pointer to say "oh duh, there it is" or "despite there being a page in the manual about it, no one has it." 

I'll just assume they documented it but didn't actually give us the feature. 

6 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

I'm honestly confused if this was a "RTFM" type of response or what. That's the exact page I pasted a link to and referenced in my original question.

Based on that blurb it seems like I should easily find it, right? It's just not there. I was hoping for a pointer to say "oh duh, there it is" or "despite there being a page in the manual about it, no one has it." 

I'll just assume they documented it but didn't actually give us the feature. 

Sorry I missed the link.  If it’s not under driver assistance and there isn’t a physical button then it’s probably not equipped.  But every once in awhile they screw up the software.  Let me see what the order guide says.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t see it in any of the recent super duty order guides so I don’t think it’s available regardless of what the manual says.

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for checking!

3 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Keep in mind that auto hold is different from hill assist.  I hated auto hold on my other truck and turned it off after the first use.

I was skeptical when I first tried it on my F150; it ends up being awesome for daily driving in an area with lots of long stop lights. I had to create a profile to use while towing that has Auto Hold disabled though since it would interfere with set up and tear down of my travel trailer. I could see it being less useful if I didn't live near so many traffic lights and stop and go traffic.

3 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Keep in mind that auto hold is different from hill assist.  I hated auto hold on my other truck and turned it off after the first use.

You only use it when you’re in stop and go traffic.  Let’s you rest your foot off the brake and is a safety measure in case your foot slips off the brake.

• 3 months later...