Ford May Postpone New EV Launches Amid Strategy Reboot

ice-capades

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The thing is that automotive news sites (well most news) just repeat the same story over and over with no additional information that has been reported already. 

It's crazy how one sentence from a Bloomberg article sparked all the headlines about the 3 rows being delayed. Nowhere does it mention how long, or even if this insider was referring to the OAC vehicles.

As someone who is caught up in the middle of this whole debacle, it makes me wonder......

7 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The thing is that automotive news sites (well most news) just repeat the same story over and over with no additional information that has been reported already. 

Agreed.

6 hours ago, OacRookie said:

It's crazy how one sentence from a Bloomberg article sparked all the headlines about the 3 rows being delayed. Nowhere does it mention how long, or even if this insider was referring to the OAC vehicles.

As someone who is caught up in the middle of this whole debacle, it makes me wonder......

Yeah I feel for you guys but its normal human nature for people to be negative or look for the worse in things. 

Pre-Internet days the local newspaper used to say that Edison assembly (where my dad worked) was closing all the time, but it was misconstruing the information-it was just being shut down for retooling or summer breaks. Then rumors on the assembly line-the plant was closing for over 25+ years till it finally did in 2004. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I feel for you guys but its normal human nature for people to be negative or look for the worse in things. 

Pre-Internet days the local newspaper used to say that Edison assembly (where my dad worked) was closing all the time, but it was misconstruing the information-it was just being shut down for retooling or summer breaks. Then rumors on the assembly line-the plant was closing for over 25+ years till it finally did in 2004. 

I agree with you and also have heard countless rumors in regards to what’s closing and what’s not. People in here can scoff and downplay this all they want. Ford has been way too quiet and had no product to show since 2019 in regards to these 3 row EVs.  I believe this delay talk has some kind of truth to it. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It just feels to me Model E had a bad start to the year, which sent Farley into damage control mode during the earnings call to try and save $F stock price. And now the media is going on about the $10,000 BYD cars coming to destroy the NA carmakers, so Ford has to say something about the skunkworks team building these low-cost EVs. While I too think there may be some truths to it, 12 months is a long time from now. As long as the re-tool commences as planned I am not too worried about us.

On 3/20/2024 at 11:31 AM, OacRookie said:

It just feels to me Model E had a bad start to the year, which sent Farley into damage control mode during the earnings call to try and save $F stock price. And now the media is going on about the $10,000 BYD cars coming to destroy the NA carmakers, so Ford has to say something about the skunkworks team building these low-cost EVs. While I too think there may be some truths to it, 12 months is a long time from now. As long as the re-tool commences as planned I am not too worried about us.

Agreed, it’s factors beyond our control.