2024 Buick Envista

tbone

I’ve been seeing ads for this vehicle recently, didn’t recall any discussion about it.  I personally find it to be a very attractive SUV. After looking it up  I was shocked to see its starting price to be $23,495, considering how it looks. The only thing that I found to be disappointing was the single motor option being a max 136 hp 3 cylinder.  Considering they make an ST version of this vehicle, it would’ve been nice if they had a second motor option with a little more “sport” in it.   Nevertheless, I find it to be a very nice entry-level vehicle. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/buick/envista

17 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Guessing its the Buick version of the Trax. 

That’s what I was figuring as well.  They are built in South Korea if my memory serves me correctly.  I would really like to know what the profit margin is on these models.  

55 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I've seen a couple of them on the road.  They do look good, though they bizarrely have the brake lights illuminate in the bumper rather than the upper taillights.

Cute, Luxe: Buick Envista Compact SUV - A Girls Guide to Cars

I’ve seen this on a number vehicles, and it is a poor idea  IMO. It can be difficult to see in tight traffic. The Koreans seem to like that concept. 

25 minutes ago, tbone said:

That’s what I was figuring as well.  They are built in South Korea if my memory serves me correctly.  I would really like to know what the profit margin is on these models.  

I’ve seen this on a number vehicles, and it is a poor idea  IMO. It can be difficult to see in tight traffic. The Koreans seem to like that concept. 

I've seen the turn signals placed at bumper level on Hyundai models. There is a maximum height in the US of 54 inches from the road surface for primary brake and turn signals (not incl CHMSLs), but I am not sure if there is a minimum height. I think the theory is that it helps prevent tailgating.

Edited by Chrisgb

5 hours ago, Andrew L said:

When my g/f was shopping for a car I made a large list of crossovers and included it my list.  She hated it though said it was hideous. 

Always in the eye of the beholder.