2023 Lincoln Aviator, Welcome Light Will Not Display

Had the vehicle been sitting on a dealer's lot for a while?  While not always the case, but can be one of the first signs of a failing battery...that, loss of key fob recognition, the intelligent touch door handles, the "welcome lighting," and the keyless touch pads not always working.  Unlike some other Ford vehicles, the ASS feature (which is usually the first to stop working) continues to work even after these other clues surface on Lincolns.  A handy tool to have around is a trickle charger for the AGM batteries as they seem to require a lot of driving to keep the battery fully charged.

46 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

Isn't there also a setting in the menu to turn the welcome lighting on and off?  I could have sworn there was an option for this on my MKZ in the menu but I might be confused.

There was at one time but they’ve deleted some of those controls recently.  Check the menus.

• ice-capades changed the title to 2023 Lincoln Aviator, Welcome Light Will Not Display